IBU3

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: IBU3

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Tankbear wrote:Some good news.

I've semi preloaded an IBU3 with sounds and some settings calibrated to my radio. Then put the IBU3 in a different tank with a different radio and it worked :thumbup:

So it looks like it works, although have too calibrate it to a radio before hand so there is a risk users radio might have different limits so may be some issues but until tried I've no idea how much of an issue it will be.

Ian.
Sounds promising, and thanks for the effort.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks again, Ian..I shall look into windows 10/tablet options. I already have a tablet (an iPad,) but could stretch to a budget Microsoft tablet as my intention is to get at least two, or maybe three IBU3s in time, and so this route (with the portability factor convenience of it) makes economic sense. Sometimes tablet computers are limited in what they can run (especially.exe files) by the Microsoft App store..the same applies to Mac apps on the iPad, but as the IBU3 has been shown to be responsive to a Win10/ tablet combo, it looks like winning solution. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Reading this I can see the IBU3 is going to be more then I will ever need or be able to figure out. Great now what do I do with the setup that's enroute to my house? :{ :(

Beside that I don't have windows 10 so I won't even be able to talk to it or do anything with it. Great.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Thanks again, Ian..I shall look into windows 10/tablet options. I already have a tablet (an iPad,) but could stretch to a budget Microsoft tablet as my intention is to get at least two, or maybe three IBU3s in time, and so this route (with the portability factor convenience of it) makes economic sense. Sometimes tablet computers are limited in what they can run (especially.exe files) by the Microsoft App store..the same applies to Mac apps on the iPad, but as the IBU3 has been shown to be responsive to a Win10/ tablet combo, it looks like winning solution. :thumbup:
The tablet I bought is a reconditioned or seller refurbished for £37 inc postage, it it works I will share the details. The manufacturer paid 50euro from a shop so it does look like the Windows tablets are bargain basements.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

jackalope wrote:Reading this I can see the IBU3 is going to be more then I will ever need or be able to figure out. Great now what do I do with the setup that's enroute to my house? :{ :(

Beside that I don't have windows 10 so I won't even be able to talk to it or do anything with it. Great.
It's not as complicated as it sounds. Basically if you've a Windows computer win7 or above then the current software will install and work.

The issue is a few people don't use Windows computer ie Apple Mac which cannot run the software and therefore cannot setup the IBU3, so just trying out avenues to help these users.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Reading this I can see the IBU3 is going to be more then I will ever need or be able to figure out. Great now what do I do with the setup that's enroute to my house? :{ :(

The PC Configurator application works starting from Windows 7 up to last Windows 10.
The tablet option was considered (thanks to Ian for the hint) to give a cheap and immediate solution for Apple IOS users, but definitely a good solution for every user.
The only mandatory option is one phisical USB port.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Our laptop has windows 8 I think. So this thing needs to be programmed? :wtf: Oh this should be great fun. :/
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Another update

windows 8.1 on Tablet works :thumbup:

Yes it's a bit fiddly using touch screen but it works I downloaded the pc software and drivers and promptly installed them, I did have Windows saying no to the install as not an assigned certificate but ignored that (more info click) and it allowed me anyway.

Then downloaded sounds and transferred to IBU3 successfully.

Here's a few pics

And for those interested this is the tablet I bought (note I'm not connected to this seller)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401081221049? ... EBIDX%3AIT

and it came with these bits. Note the charge lead cannot be used for data transfer but the little one seems to convert the socket to a regular sized USB socket which works.

www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Big N00b
Recruit

Post by Big N00b »

Package arrived today, everything made it in good shape.

Had time to begin the "Quick Start" installing PC software and driver, no issues. Will build a test circuit to play startup sound and test out the rest of the guide, IBU and i10.

More to follow.

PS - quick delivery from UK to west coast of USA!! :D
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Big N00b wrote:Package arrived today, everything made it in good shape.

Had time to begin the "Quick Start" installing PC software and driver, no issues. Will build a test circuit to play startup sound and test out the rest of the guide, IBU and i10.

More to follow.

PS - quick delivery from UK to west coast of USA!! :D
Glad to hear it arrived safely. And shipping to West coast of the US seems a lot quicker than other areas which go through New York or Chicago hubs which add a few days.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”