IBU3

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: IBU3

Post by Tankbear »

silverexpress01 wrote:Interesting! So we have one brushed motor running off the OEM motor driver, and a brushless motor on an external ESC. I noticed that the track speeds are matched when you were going straight. Does the software do this automatically or are there encoders that one needs to add to the gear box or is it just simply trim??? Also can you select mixed throttle/steering (one stick) or independent throttle based steering (dual sticks)?

Does the IBU3 package come with the housing shown in the picture?

Jose
Hi Jose, the speed matching is my human input on the stick. The brushless is a faster than the brushed especially on 2S battery so I ended up giving the left track more power to drive straight. As far as I know driving and steering mixed is the control method, no dual stick.

Yes the housing is included and USB cable.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Markd

Post by Markd »

Ian,

Typically how many amps will a standard heng long tank using an IBU3 consume?

I'm trying to choose a suitable battery connector... Ive bought some XT30s that seem good. Any other suggestions welcome.

Sorry if a bit off topic.

Mark
silverexpress01
Recruit

Post by silverexpress01 »

Switched my tanks over to Ultra Dean's since I have plenty of aircraft Li-Po's laying about.
Last edited by silverexpress01 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Markd wrote:Ian,

Typically how many amps will a standard heng long tank using an IBU3 consume?

I'm trying to choose a suitable battery connector... Ive bought some XT30s that seem good. Any other suggestions welcome.

Sorry if a bit off topic.

Mark
Typically if using speed 400 or 480 motors I say about 10A. But with the configuration software you can set the motors to handle 20A,so worst case possible 20A x2 plus say 2-5A for board other functions
So total max could be 45A. But I think that would be unlikely.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Just ordered an IBU3 kit I'll let you all know how it is.
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I spend a lot of time reading about tanks, a bit of time working on them and not much time driving them around. It doesn't make a lot of sense for me to have hundreds of dollars worth of electronics sitting idle in the growing collection of tanks in my garage so I'm looking for a system that is fairly easy to swap between models when I get the time to take one out for a run in the backyard. I was planning on going with ElMod Fusion and just swapping over SD cards when I change models but I do like the way IBU3 handles engine sounds so it's definitely on my radar.

Bearing that in mind how easy is it to change the sound profiles on the IBU3? I know it involves plugging into a PC but is it possible to have preset profiles for different tanks or do all sounds need to be changed individually?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

At the moment sounds are loaded by individual file, but the pc software is currently been revised to a simpler select tank and downloaded all on one button click. And still keep individual sound file option so users can use a preset tank but change any sounds they want to.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

That sounds great.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Created a quick start guide for installing the software, drivers and connecting the IBU3 to computer.

http://www.rctankelectronics.com/upload ... _guide.pdf
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Big N00b
Recruit

Post by Big N00b »

Got my shipping notice and am looking forward to using the IBU3 in my current build project.

Good luck Ian and thanks for letting me be a pest with all my odd ball questions.

Best regards,

Terry

Ps Avast ( virus program) doesn't like the drivers download btw.

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”