ibu2 and lipo battries

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
anglosaxon
Recruit

ibu2 and lipo battries

Post by anglosaxon »

Hello im new to the rc world and have just been in receipt of a used tiger by taigen with an ibu2 board ,need to know if the ibu2 base 1.10version needs a lipo battery,it all worked well when I first recieved it but the battery(nicad) went flat and after a full charge and refitting now it wont go through the starting procedure everything else works turret,barrel machine gun main gun etc, the green light is flashing so all is good just no start up any advice would be greatfully received
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: ibu2 and lipo battries

Post by Raminator »

The base IBU2 will run fine on both NiMH and 2S LiPo. If the turret and guns work, have you successfully started the motor? By default, you need to hold the left stick in the bottom-right corner for at least 5 seconds. If some of your channels have changed or been reversed, you might need to try some of the other corners.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Ibu2 base will also handle 3s just fine.
anglosaxon
Recruit

Post by anglosaxon »

no the tank wont start up, so there is no drive to the tracks all the turret stuff works,just no start up
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Battery below cut if voltage if using a 7.2 make sure battery voltage isn't set to 11.3
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Agree with tomhugill, also I would try a new radio calibration (using dip-switch n°8), it's possible when running the battery until "dead" that board data memory get corrupted.
anglosaxon
Recruit

Post by anglosaxon »

Hello, arnt all the nicads/nimh batteries 7.2, this is what i thought, not sure what you mean by "battery below cut", so if the battery is pumping out a voltage less than , 7.2 it wont start ,is this cut of for lipo protecton,i have noticed that some lipos are actually 7.4 could the voltage be changed with the transmitter by accident do you know at what voltage the ibu2 stops the tank from starting as i say im new to this
anglosaxon
Recruit

Post by anglosaxon »

dip switches 1and2 are in the up position all the rest are the down position is this correct
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

anglosaxon wrote:dip switches 1and2 are in the up position all the rest are the down position is this correct
Don't know off the top of my head, read the manual.

Should be set to NiMH and 7.2v/2s voltage
anglosaxon
Recruit

Post by anglosaxon »

Cheers all sorted now, the fault lay in the charger

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”