Bristol Armoured Division

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Bristol Armoured Division

Post by wibblywobbly »

I assume that you don't publish all of your telephone conversations online, and that this isn't because a forum/facebook etc isn't safe, it's because we all have a right to privacy. I totally respect that right, and if others wish to communicate in private for whatever reason, then I don't question the reason, I respect the right.

It's a bit like chatting in a pub, do you shout loudly enough so that the whole pub can hear, or do you discuss things on the same level as the person chatting to you.

I trust that explains the wording, nothing mentioned or implied regarding the forum security, nor would there be any reason to do so.

Cheers

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Rob as the advert said its cheap to talk and get lot more done in a five minute phone call than typing with one finger on the forum. :thumbup:

regards pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

TKcommander wrote:I was wondering if this could be a potential venue......

http://www.downendfolkhouse.org.uk/html/contact_us.html

Bristol wargaming society uses them.

I have been busy buying up mini Christmas trees for the battlefield!!! :D
I had a good look around their website, they have several large rooms, and what looks like a nicely mown grass area outside, car park etc. Their facilities are excellent. It may be that we could use the grass area in the summer? I have dropped them a line for prices and availability, I have also contacted another hall but no reply as yet.

The Bristol Armoured Division website is now up and running though it could do with some pics to go in the gallery, builds, tanks etc. It doesn't matter how good they are, just something to fill the empty spaces.

http://bristolarmoureddivision.weebly.com/

Will post updates as and when I get them.

Cheers

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If we can get enough people together we appear to have an offer of a battlefield area at a large model show in the area on 9th August this year.

Can anyone who is available let me know, as the organisers will no doubt be asking me to confirm attendance. :wave:

We will need a minimum of five members, plus scenery etc.

Cheers

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Rob , if its a public show don't forget you will need liability insurance to attend , i know its something else to worry about but with today's claim culture its a must
regards, Cliff
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Don't worry Cliff, everything that the club needs to do, will be done. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

wibblywobbly wrote:Don't worry Cliff, everything that the club needs to do, will be done. :clap:
i don't doubt that Rob , just a reminder, two years ago at the war and peace show a chap tried to sue one of our uktank club members because he fell over a 1/4 scale tiger 1 barrel ,lucky for us a stall holder saw him and told us that he had seen him take practice fall before , its a shame but seems to be more common now
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

We just use a firing squad, it's a lot cheaper and we make them pay for the bullets. :haha:

I know what you are saying about the insurance, in todays world it is pretty much mandatory.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Rob 9th of august is that just a one day meeting or a weekend .

regards pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Hi Pete

Its a one day event, though from what the organiser is telling me it is expanding year on year so they are taking two halls this year. The location is a modern leisure centre north of Bristol just off the M5, at Thornbury.

I will send you a link to their website.

Cheers

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Club Discussion”