Bristol Armoured Division

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Bristol Armoured Division

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I saw that there 100 vehicles stranded a bit further west. It's supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow so hopefully things will improve, but it's not the best road in the country.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Looks like Kevin won't be there - sounds like his village is pretty much snowed in. If it doesn't clear a lot neither will I. My car has disappeared a bit more from view under the snow and nothing has been up or down my road. There has been fairly heavy snow this morning and still light snow coming down. I will make a final decision tomorrow by lunchtime.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I have to confess that I had to put the deckchair away, the newspaper was getting a bit soggy, it snows but the depth hasn't gone up by much, still only a few inches. I even had a courageous van driver knock on my door this morning, he had battled through the snow from lord knows where and proudly told me that he was delivering my new bathroom suite.

He seemed a tad shocked when I told him although I much appreciated his efforts, that I had a perfectly good bathroom, and that I hadn't actually ordered one...
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

I have been told that the hut has no water facility due to burst pipes. I also think in the interests of safety on the roads it would be advisable to postpone the meet. It will be clearer by sunday morning, but yesterday and today the roads were a write off in Templecombe.

The next available date for me would be the 25th March.
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Thanks for letting us know Andy, the 25th should be do-able, but no promises at the moment due to ex-pat sister/hubby arriving in UK on 21st...they may want to meet up on the Sunday for a family lunch?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

25th would be OK with me.
Richard
wibblywobbly
Major

Lyneham Museum

Post by wibblywobbly »

I never knew this was there, and its just up the road. £7 entry. If anyone is up for a visit when the warm weather arrives perhaps we can arrange something.

http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... gland.html
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Count me in.
Richard
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi guys dave and julie will be at this one so if you need any items let us know
thanks
:wave:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Be good to see you again Dave, if anyone needs anything, let Dave know and he can bring it with him. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Club Discussion”