Grantham Light Armoured Division Discussion

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Grantham Light Armoured Division Discussion

Post by edpanzer »

mike1268 wrote:
edpanzer wrote:Does this mean I need to join Facebook noooooooo
haha, you don't need to join. All I'm doing is creating a page with event dates, monthly meeting date and detail so when people search facebook, they find us. As much as people can comment on things, its not intended for general discussion to take place on there. I would rather people continue to use this forum for that.
To late :crazy:
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

Hello Grantham Light Armoured Division members!

I have been asked if we would like to put a display on at Melton Mowbray on the 12/13th September. It is a model show. They normally get planes, boats, model trains and cars but have not had RC Tanks. This would be a good opportunity to promote the club to the local RC community.

I intend on representing the club but would love it if anyone else would like to come along and take part, even if you can only do one of the days. If we get enough of us and the weather is allowing, would be nice to set up a display area with some of the kit we use in the hall. I have been informed that you can camp over and there is a bar onsite.

I have asked the organizers for some more info on times and the likes. Will let you know when I get that through.

If you can spare some time to help out, please let me know and or accept the event on facebook :)

mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

12th Sept - 10:00am - 5:00pm
13th Sept - 10:30am - 4:00pm

Location is opposite Tesco in Melton

The show has RC plane, cars, boats, model trains and more. They have never had a tank club before!

The show is open to the public for free and raises funds for a local charity. This years charity is Dove Cottage day hospice located near the Grantham canal
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

mike1268 wrote:12th Sept - 10:00am - 5:00pm

The show has RC plane, cars, boats, model trains and more. They have never had a tank club before!

The show is open to the public for free and raises funds for a local charity. This years charity is Dove Cottage day hospice located near the Grantham canal
Hi mike if i can i will try and get there depends on the car passing dreaded mot week before and i will be mobile. i will let you know. :thumbup:
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

tiger tiger wrote:
mike1268 wrote:12th Sept - 10:00am - 5:00pm

Hi mike if i can i will try and get there depends on the car passing dreaded mot week before and i will be mobile. i will let you know. :thumbup:
That would be awesome if you could. Densil is away and at the moment it's just me going. Hoping to get a few more when its mentioned at the Sept meeting. I'm borrowing a table from Denzil and a cover for it. Also the new club sign, which looks awesome! Aiming for a static display with the tanks running about as and when we can. If we get a few more people, we might be able to sort out a few buildings and bits from the club meets to give demos.

Sounds like it should be a good weekend. I know they allow camping on the Saturday night and have a bar onsite. Having not been before I'm not sure of the scale, but it should be a bit of fun. I have an adapter for my battery charger so I can attach it to the leisure batteries I have and failing that I can also bring my 2 stroke generator to keep things running.

First time I've been left in charge of organizing an event like this. Buzzing ... lol

Once I know a bit more about the camping/layout arrangements I will post on here
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

I've spoke to one of the organisers. They don't have room for a battlefield, but we do have space for a static display. We can run the tanks around though.

Camping wise, they are full. We have been told we can set tents up in the display area after 5pm on the Saturday providing they are taken down for 10am the following day before the public are back on site.
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

Could still do with a second pair of hands if anyone is up for helping? Message me if you can help, or call/text me 07778360097

Weather aside, looks like it should be a good event.

hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi all
Had a good day on sunday at the meet and meet some new faces. Has anyone got any photo's to put on the "events days out forum" from the meet.
I must get my camera emptied from work photo's and also remember to bring it in future :haha:
Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi guy's
At the next meet February 7th 2016 We have the organiser of the Spalding Model and Engineering show (April 23rd and 24th ) coming along to the meet. www.spaldingshow.com
He has invited us to put on a display for the whole weekend of the show.
We have been allocated a 10m x 10m battle area in the main gardens of the show area. Plus they will provide a power supply and crowd barriers.
He also can provide a static area as well. All exibitors are given a pass for themselves and a partner
Sercurity is being handle by a private company and all models WILL be booked in and a pass given for them, only a person with the pass will be allowed to remove them.
He would like to see in person our layout and discuss any aspect of putting on a display we would like as well as getting some idea of numbers of members who wish to attend.
WE have also been invited to put on a one day show at Surfleet, lincs with a small running area and a static display in mid March (same organiser).
More details can be given at the February meet see you there.
Denzil
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi all
Could all the members please contact myself or merle regarding the spalding model show (April 23rd and 24th 2016)
The organiser would like a list of who will be exhibiting at the show a.s.a.p. so that passes can be organised.
Me, Merle and also Mike will be there all weekend (setting up on Friday 22nd @10.00am)
But we need about 6 people for the Saturday and also the Sunday in order to keep a good Running display going during the whole weekend.
Each exhibiter gets 2 free passes to the show, ( if you are not exhibiting you must pay entry).
Please let us know if you can attend and what day ?.
Thank you Denzil
ps my home tel no (01476) 570817 there is a answer machine attached if we are not at home leave your name and no and we will ring you back.

Return to “Club Discussion”