Grantham Light Armoured Division Discussion

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Re: Forming a East Midlands RC Tank Club ?

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi Al,
Thanks for all your reply's and advice, I know we will proberly being wanting a lot more in the future, :thumbup:
I very intrested in pete's reply about a HL IR system that you can fit to a BB tank and battle with, but still retain the BB side as well. If someone could let me have some details about that I know for a start I'm intrested ( I have 6 BB tanks ) as well as a couple of IR. B|
The Hall floor is a concern but I'm looking into purchasing and laying a cheap carpet underlay or Canvas Tarpaulin down on the battle area to protect it, and at the end of day you just roll in up. I have also put the word down at our local tip so that any small plastic chrimbo trees that are scrapped he will let me know (so we can break them up into small tree's for a forest or wood.) Buildings and bridges will have to come in the future.
Regarding the BB side of things I agree that firing "live Ammo" inside has a whole lot of problems and personelly agree it should not take place unless under strict rules and circumstances (But again that would be up to the clubs Committee to lay down). My back ground as an engineer and also an Deputy Firing Range manager that shot and proofed anything from pistols to 105mm field guns I'm well aware of the Health and safety rules that apply to projectile firing Especially anything over 50m/s (Its a Damm Nightmare and should be avoided or risk assessed to the 9th degree) :O .
At the moment it appears that we have 9 people intrested in forming a club in this area hopely a few more will express intrest and step forward.
Anyway once again thank you for all your input and hopefully we can press forward
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Denzil sent you a P.M. with links to show the wiring diagram how to wire the battle unit with the BB gun.

regards pete
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

I'm interested I'm a noobie and won't actually have a tank till feb it would be great to meet like minded people.
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

Hi denzil i would be interested im only 25 mins away from grantham at gosberton just off a52 on way to Boston Lincs. Although i only have mainly hl or taigen tanks some 2.4 ghz bb smoke n sound etc, i am interested to meet fellow enthusiasts and see their models and learn new stuff/ show off mine etc. Be great to see a regular club local meet :thumbup: :clap:

regards

stuart
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Hi any news?
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long sherman
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi all
Right as an update.
Funds allowing I will hire the hall for either the 1st or 8th of march 2015 for meet and greet for anyone intrested in forming a club, At the moment I have 12 people who say they would like to get a club started.
Thanks to the manchester club I have a contact for club insurance, I have also looked into the cost of floor protection for the hall floor,
i have some simple sketches of a farm cottage and also some simple bridges that are a rough scale to 1/16, I have also have a plug together plastic christmas tree that can with the use of a number of simple crusiform's be made into about 12 trees, (anyone else got one of these trees that they would like to donate then more can be made).
I have to meet the social clubs committee to finalise the first meeting date and the cost, but if all goes well after the first meet I will aim to make the first sunday of each month as a meeting date. I hope to book the Social club hall from 09.30am till 16.30pm on each of these days.
Things to think about:-
1) A club name. (looking into history the only armoured regiment attached to lincolnshire is the Queens Royal Lancers which historicaly recruited from lincolnshire). There is also the "Lincolnshire Yellow Belly's" (which came from the colour of the fields in lincolnshire do to the amount of rape and mustard that use to be grown around here) There is also the "Machine Gun Corp" that was founded and based at Belton House, Grantham during the first world war. And finally the Track vehicle was first invented and built by Ruston Hornsby which was based at both Lincoln and Grantham and was first trialed just outside Grantham at Old Somerby according to our local museum.
2) In order to cover the cost of Club insurance, (at present I have a quote's from £72 lowest to £96.49 highest). I think we have to charge an annual membership fee (as an example £100 Insurance @ £5.00 a head membership fee, we have to have a minimmum of 20 members in order to cover the cost of insurance.
3) Hall hire. I have at the moment a tentitve fiquire of £50.00 for the day hall hire (subject to confirmation). this is for a heated Social hall with a floor space enough to give a 9m x 13m battle area with tables around the outside, there is a kitchen availible ( at a further small fee to be negoiated) and car parking space for approximatly 40 - 50 cars.
In order to cover this cost I think we will have to charge a fee like other clubs which is if you bring a tank (or tanks) it is a fee of £5 total for the day, Spectators are free.
So an example of £50 hall hire fee means we need 10 people @ £5.00 Tanking fee, to attend each meet to cover the hall hiring, Any more attending can go into a club fund to cover any incidentals the club might need during the year.
Anyway those are the most important things to think about and as soon as I get a definate date (1st or 8th March 2015 from the social club I will post our proposed First Get together / Meet.
If you want to talk my Mobile no is 07939815063
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Nice one denzil
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long sherman
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Great work Denzil, I look forward to the first meeting.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Well done now let's see if work lets me get to this one lol
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

Hi Denzil, I could not make it on the 1st as daughters birthday.

March 8th looks doable.

Tim
1/6 Armortek Panther ausf.G
1/6 Armortek Panzer III ausf.J
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad

Return to “Club Discussion”