Bristol Armoured Division

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
Wooly
Private

Re: Bristol Armoured Division

Post by Wooly »

I'm currently waiting for the final coat to dry as I type, but thanks for the offer :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The paint arrived and the ambulance accessory is just waiting for the glue to dry, at which point, a photo will be posted in the figures section. Hopefully, it will meet approval.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I'm just tossing this out to gather people's thoughts. Amongst other things, I see that a new club is forming in the Hants/Dorset area and has created a Facebook page to attract members. I know we have a web site, but social media does seem to be the main means of communication these days. What I would like is any feedback on the yays and nays of having our own Facebook group.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just me, but I won't touch Facebook with a barge pole. I did ask Andy about setting up a Facebook page a long while back, but nothing happened, so if anyone else wants to set one up just go ahead.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I'll speak to the others on Sunday to see what they think.
Richard
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

Hello. I have also made a much smaller bridge that is made from wood logs fasterned together with rope.
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Post by Mendip Wursel »

I reckon a Facebook page is a good idea.... if none other than its a good advertising tool
My thought for the day...
Kevin
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer
Wooly
Private

Post by Wooly »

I think a Facebook group would be a good idea too (not that there is anything wrong with the forum)
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If we can bounce a few ideas around tomorrow, hopefully someone will be willing to set it up. :thumbup:

We have plenty of videos and pics that can be placed on there.

On a side note, we have an open invitation to visit the South Wales Armoured Group battlefields. One is on private land on a campsite in South Wales, great in summer with a high class burger van, coffee etc, the other is Rhoose Point, which is public land. I helped set up the campsite area, its big, we had to use a JCB to sculpt the terrain.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Post by Mendip Wursel »

[quote="wibblywobbly" On a side note, we have an open invitation to visit the South Wales Armoured Group battlefields. One is on private land on a campsite in South Wales, great in summer with a high class burger van, coffee etc, the other is Rhoose Point, which is public land. I helped set up the campsite area, its big, we had to use a JCB to sculpt the terrain.[/quote]

I like the sound of this...... a visit sounds like an excellent idea. Maybe we could even camp overnight...
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer

Return to “Club Discussion”