Bristol Armoured Division

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Bristol Armoured Division

Post by wibblywobbly »

I admit that I know virtually zero about Tamiya electronics, I had a Panther a few years ago but can't remember anything about it.

I used a hotgun on the PLA to start with, but that didn't work very well, and yes, I did leave the tray in the oven too long, which made the house reek for a couple of hours. I will know better for next time.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Tamiya Sherman

Post by Mendip Wursel »

My new Tamiya Sherman acquisition ....

Its a bit half built at the moment and not to a great standard, and is somewhere between a Firefly and US 'Easy Eight' tank.... having said that it was at the right price and it is fairly new. It also needs a decent paint job...

This was the reason for me messing up my Tamiya Tiger settings (ie: trying to get both tanks to run from the same transmitter) ... and thanks for your replies on the subject

Kevin
Sherman - Small 2.jpg
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Without knowing the details of the transmitter, all you should need to do is bind both receivers to the transmitter.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If anyone gets hold of a Tamiya Sherman at a good price they can't really go wrong, a good one will keep its value. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Transmitter Sorted...

Post by Mendip Wursel »

I have now managed to sort the transmitter binding issue.... with the HiTec Optics there are 3 or 4 different ways to bond transmitter to receiver by pressing a different sequence of buttons. I was just using wrong sequence to bond which is why all of the strange things were happening .... I have now bonded using a not so obviously bind connection (instructions were rubbish and confusing), but the good new is everything is now working fine.

Now all I need to do is attempt to bond the new Sherman without messing everything again.... but at least I now have an idea of how to put things right

Cheers buddies and thanks
Kevin
Last edited by Mendip Wursel on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Post by Mendip Wursel »

:thumbup:
Kevin
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Post by Mendip Wursel »

How I display my tanks when at home .... wife not impressed with my artistic talents. She prefers nice ornaments and expensive paintings which I think is quite odd!!
Attachments
Tanks - Home - Small.jpg
Kevin
Wooly
Private

Post by Wooly »

Well I am now officially a first-person tank commander. :D The setup arrived yesterday and was promptly fitted into the Tiger. I need some longer cables to reach the Commander's hatch, but the stock ones just about reached the driver's hatch, which gave a rather nice viewpoint. The kit doesn't cone with a microphone as standard, but I think it can be adapted to fit one (the goggles have a headphone jack).

The only problem I have found so far is that it seems that the IR battle system interferes with the camera transmitter, but this could be because the camera was positioned right next to the gun barrel, but time will tell.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Looking forward to seeing it in operation.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Wooly
Private

Post by Wooly »

I'm sure you can have a little go if you like :thumbup:

Return to “Club Discussion”