My Aussie Slouch Hat...

This board is for discussion of replica or original uniforms and equipment (such as rifles, mg's, airsoft).
Lenny Warren
Private

My Aussie Slouch Hat...

Post by Lenny Warren »

I'm into miltary history, and I quite like proper hats... so... I wear an Akubra Slouch Hat who have made them for the Australian army since the Boer War.

I wear this fishing as well as when out and about at military museums, battlefields etc, it's been adapted as a tribute to my grandfather who fought in WW1. Somerset Light Infantry badge on the turnup, wound stripe for when he was wounded at the Somme, Army Service Corp badge for where he was transferred after his wounds healed, tartan flash for the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) which was my local Regiment and where all my uncles served.

Feathers added from locations I've fished, including a barn owl feather,each feather relates to an amazing location fishing. The silver brown trout was made by a friend in Russia and the small black spider with silver twist is one of the flies I tied when I was a kid, which I have caught with recently.

Today I added a WW1 RTR sleeve badge, because, well, tanks. ;)

You know what they say, if you want to get ahead, get a hat. :D

Return to “Uniforms / Equipment”