Militaria Magazine, The Armourer.

This board is for discussion of replica or original uniforms and equipment (such as rifles, mg's, airsoft).
Lenny Warren
Private

Militaria Magazine, The Armourer.

Post by Lenny Warren »

A UK published militaria and military history magazine, The Armourer. Well worth a look, not least because I write a monthly column in it. ;)

Funnily enough, this month was about tank parts, real not models. ;)

https://www.militaria-history.co.uk/

43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Militaria Magazine, The Armourer.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: :clap: I shall be certain to check it out in future, Lenny!. By the way, here's a thread I started a year ago that might be of interest to you. It's dominated by pics of fantastic militaria provided by Forum members 'Topper' (Frank ) and EAO (Eric). Topper even included pics from a meeting with none other than the legendary tanker, Otto Carius. :O :D Perhaps you could interview him for the mag.(Topper, that is, as Otto can only be contacted by ouija board these days, sadly) :). :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=31055&start=40&hilit=iron+cross
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Lenny,

Hang in there: the writing is work, even if it is for fun, for a hobby. I know: I have written a monthly hobby magazine article for over 20 years. Let's see, copy is due again ... Oof! :/
Lenny Warren
Private

Post by Lenny Warren »

43rdRecceReg wrote::thumbup: :clap: I shall be certain to check it out in future, Lenny!. By the way, here's a thread I started a year ago that might be of interest to you. It's dominated by pics of fantastic militaria provided by Forum members 'Topper' (Frank ) and EAO (Eric). Topper even included pics from a meeting with none other than the legendary tanker, Otto Carius. :O :D Perhaps you could interview him for the mag.(Topper, that is, as Otto can only be contacted by ouija board these days, sadly) :). :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=31055&start=40&hilit=iron+cross
I'll run that by the editor. The mag is worth a look, although it's also on Readly which I tend to use, all the magazines you can read for about £7.99 per month.

https://get.readly.com/V0hlWlJPeUx1dGV0 ... xsYm1RPQ==
Lenny Warren
Private

Post by Lenny Warren »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Lenny,
Hang in there: the writing is work, even if it is for fun, for a hobby. I know: I have written a monthly hobby magazine article for over 20 years. Let's see, copy is due again ... Oof! :/
Hahaha... I'm really bad, even though I worked for newspapers and magazines as photographer and picture editor. Monthly column which I fully intend to write in good time, but always end up right on deadline wondering what I'm going to write. :D

Return to “Uniforms / Equipment”