WW2 medals insignia and memorabilia

This board is for discussion of replica or original uniforms and equipment (such as rifles, mg's, airsoft).
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: WW2 medals insignia and memorabilia

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Topper wrote:Hi HERMAN BIX
Where did you move to OZ from, if you dont mind me asking?
Regards
Frank

The Shaking Isles of New Zealand !!
We were able to have the good stuff there then, all in working order.
Gone but not forgotten, and at least I had a chance to have them.
The Ppsh is a hell of a plaything! Guarantee to get a lot of hot brass down your shirt after ripping a burst out !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Last
Last edited by Topper on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
igi911
Recruit

Post by igi911 »

:O :O :O
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hello
Last edited by Topper on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Topper wrote:Hello
These are Otto Carius awards, he kept them in a coffee tin,
Truly amazing, Topper. The Carius fans on the board (and there are quite a few) will be decidedly envious :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very awesome! It’s cool that in his book he mentions receiving his awards and there they are! Funny he stored them in a coffee can.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hi=
Last edited by Topper on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

It's cool that he managed to hold on to his awards. Many highly decorated German vet's weren't so lucky. I'm hoping his RK with Eichenlaub is the original. Many hard earned awards were eagerly snatched up by "trophy" hungry G.I.'s. Many of these German vet's would be later rewarded with the post WW2 Federal Republic of Germany official denazified "1957" awards. Production of these awards was ended in 1986. The swastika was replaced by either oak leaves or the Balkan Kreuz, and the original beautiful workmanship was sadly lacking. These awards have become fairly collectible in their own right and run the gamut of most WW1 and WW2 higher end awards.

I believe it was Hans Ulrich Rudel, who landed at an U.S. airfield to surrender. Upon landing and opening his canopy a G.I. jumped on the wing and made a grab for his RK. Rudel immediately slammed the canopy shut and locked it. The G.I. threatened him with his firearm but Rudel held fast. Finally, an Officer arrived and allowed Rudel to exit and retain his awards.

My Uncle Raywald, served as a MP towards the end of hostilities. He was at a large POW camp processing German's into it. I distinctly remember him telling my Father and me that if a soldier had anything on him that you wanted, you just took it. If he resisted he got the butt of his Thompson to the head and that ended that. Sounds harsh and unjust, but I guess that was the norm back then?! 8O

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hi=
Last edited by Topper on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Good to talk to you to you again Topper.

Yes, it is indeed a funny world. Hopefully, we won't ever have a reason to go back to a full, world wide altercation ever again! Magnificent armies, and generations of young men squandered. But then again, human nature is indeed an odd thing at times. :/

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Uniforms / Equipment”