Panzer III to Stug conversions

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Shane Wolfe
Lance Corporal

Panzer III to Stug conversions

Post by Shane Wolfe »

Hello there. I have recently been given a PIII and would like to convert to Stug III, can anyone tell me if there is a upper hull available that would just bolt on, as it were? I have limited modelling skills so the easier the better!
The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea ... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Re: Panzer III to Stug conversions

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Yep!

Assuming your talking Heng Long then the Stug upper simply replaces the Panzer III upper.
Stug III top and Panzer III bottom awaiting a few spare hours....jpg
Stug III top and Panzer III bottom awaiting a few spare hours....jpg (77.25 KiB) Viewed 446 times
I have the beginnings of a Stug III made up of a smoke and sound, metal-geared HL Panzer III bottom and an HL Stug top. This was courtesy of Lewis Nielson at Panzer-Command / siam_aor who I can recommend very highly indeed for his very friendly service and keen pricing on (and off) ebay. Here's the listing I won:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120933649293? ... 1677wt_824

I know for a fact he has other's available. If you're interested I will pm you his email address.

Depending on how accurate you want to be you will have to lose those side hatches (although there was a Stug based on this model of Pz III it also had that tank's front transmission hatches which are different from the Stug's).

Mine is likely to acquire a saukopf cast mantlet, waffle pattern zimmerit and all sorts of whistles and bells.
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
Shane Wolfe
Lance Corporal

Re: Panzer III to Stug conversions

Post by Shane Wolfe »

That looks the business! I'll take a look at that link and hopefully that will be a fun start. Cheers for your help! Shane.
The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea ... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.

Return to “General Questions”