Tracks continuously recoiling

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
zhaktronz
Recruit

Tracks continuously recoiling

Post by zhaktronz »

When firing the airsoft cannon on my HL M41 the tracks become stuck continuously going through the track recoil cycle. Turning on/off, removing battery, checking trims on tx have not cleared this. I am using a Turnigy 9x and RC2HL unit. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
zhaktronz
Recruit

Re: Tracks continuously recoiling

Post by zhaktronz »

It fixed itself
ausf
Lance Corporal

Post by ausf »

I know my RC2 can do some strange things when voltage runs low, first thing I usually do is swap the batteries when something screws up.

I've noticed on some on my batteries, the pins may not make great contact which caused the tank to turn off for a second without me aware, so when I moved the sticks, I was actually reconfiguring it before I knew it.

The whole time I thought the RC2 was faulty, but when I changed batteries, everything was fine.
What, me worry?
rogerloosli
Recruit

Post by rogerloosli »

rx 18 tanks stuck in recoil mod fix
when your tank sits on the floor shaking all the add ons off ,the recoil micro switch is closed and the rx 18 stuck in a loop of recoils until the switch is open ,
the reason it the gun bb is in half cycle ,and no other functions can happen while in recoil cycle.ie you have nugged the fire control by accident which has set the bb gun half cocked and recoiling.
the fix take tank a part unplug recoil micro switch from rx18 ,let gun Finnish firing cycle plug back in ,
the mod is split one of the recoil cables and wire to the switch on turret ,as nobody uses it for turning the gun off . so if it does it again use it for turning the recoil off and on again ,saves time ,you don't have to take apart anymore regards roger
templargfx
Recruit

Post by templargfx »

I think you may have just answered the question as to why my tank keeps firing over and over and over. I am going to try this tonight

THanks rogerloosli!
rogerloosli
Recruit

Post by rogerloosli »

what happened templargfx ?

Return to “General Questions”