Tiger Asiatam Hull - Road Wheel Axles

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Tiger Asiatam Hull - Road Wheel Axles

Post by Tankbear »

I'm using the Heng Long road wheel axles cut down and drilled out the asiatam suspension arms to 4mm to fix them. Problem is after a while the axles come loose and fall out.

What's best method to stop this?

I'm thinking of filing a flat section on the axle so the grub screw can wedge to that then maybe loctite or superglue the grub screw in place. Just thought I ask in case there was any better ideas out there before I went ahead.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Tiger Asiatam Hull - Road Wheel Axles

Post by Saxondog »

Tankbear, I have a mod on the forum for this,two years ago when I purchased my Asiatam Hull the axles were not compatible with the H/L wheels.

Solution,Tap the control arm's and use shoulder bolts from DuBro OR Use threaded bolts and cover the threads the wheels ride on with heat shrink. A nylon washer between the wheels and the control arms will allow you to tighten the bolts,the grub screw in the control arm will prevent the screws backing out.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Another solution in part,also their is a picture in this post of the mod to my Asiatam hull using the stock wheels.

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... ded#p67023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Blake I had already drilled out the arms for the HL axles so too late to tap out.

I've now filed a flat section in the axles (like the Asiatam ones which came with the hull). So going to see how that goes, so far got 15 minutes run time in going of blocks of wood etc. So far all looks solid, tracks staying on all the time now. But ran out of day light so will have to continue next weekend.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Hope it works out for you, if I may be of service you know where to find me.

Blake
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

hi tankbear
youve probably done yourself the best mod on that well done buddy

mine i used m3 allen bolts and milled the heads down to fit the recess of the wheel

i also did what youve done but i also added a slight counter bore where the grub screw seats on the flat :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”