Asiatam Tiger Hull Suspension Adjustment

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Asiatam Tiger Hull Suspension Adjustment

Post by Tankbear »

Anyone know how to adjust the tension on them?

Thinking it might be part of the problem why it keeps through a track off. The last road wheel before the idle has virtually no resistance to push up, therefore not pushing against the track and maintaining the horns in line as just pops up over them.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
caddyshack
Sergeant

Re: Asiatam Tiger Hull Suspension Adjustment

Post by caddyshack »

The only thing am awear of is theses http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/asia ... -699-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I guess you could pop a few of these in were needed to help out the other wheels.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

There is a small grub screw adjustment on the tensioner assembly. Access with the rear plate removed. It increases the tension so the arm has more resistance to the torque of the tracks. I've never thrown a track on mine in over two years?

But I also have replaced the axles with shoulder bolts so my wheels have near zero amount of play. I'll try and find the pictures for the adjustment screw and the axle modification.Saxondog
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Stripping the suspension is not for the fant hearted , and doesn't work , i've been there :crazy:
  • Easiest thing to do is twist the swinging arm down against the spring , over 90' , this twists the bars into a firmer setting . - My Tiger is still sitting high after a year on it's tracks with no sag at all , no harm done . ;)
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

blimp wrote:Stripping the suspension is not for the fant hearted
Yeah I was looking and wondering which screws to remove and what else I need to take off. :haha:
blimp wrote:Easiest thing to do is twist the swinging arm down against the spring , over 90' , this twists the bars into a firmer setting . - My Tiger is still sitting high after a year on it's tracks with no sag at all , no harm done . ;)
I give that a go.

I've also got some penny washers so going to try put them in the hollow back of the HL plastic road wheels to add weight to the wheel which should help.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Right I've tried the suspension and adding weights but didn't make much difference the last road wheel still has a tendancy to ride up over the guide horns.

On a closer inspection using the Asiatam supplied axles and HL road wheels isn't a good combination as there is too much play in the wheels. So I need to sort this out like Saxondog has.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I would be willing to assist you with this modification,the Asiatam axles are in my opinion the weak point of the design. Also note that I used automotive wheel weights stacked over the wheels in the space between the upper and lower hull. I also added weight in the Turret and lower hull. My Tiger is heavy @ 20 lbs but it does ride like a tank,with the suspension moving up and down and the tank riding very stable as a good gun platform should. The weights do help,and 8oz. on each side adds weight directly over the tracks where it is needed.

My tank was terribly high riding when first purchased,Asiatam corrected this some what by offering lighter tension bars.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Right I've decided to use the HL road axles, drill out the trailing arms to 4mm and cut them down to length.

Also found the metal idle wheels had a lot of play so drilled them out and put a bearing in each, which has helped. Only thing is a can't figure is to fix them tight close to the hull/tensioner, or loose so the idler can move in and out a few mm to stop the track coming off.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Use Nylon washers as spacer to keep a stable tight fit., When I first used the stock plastic wheels I used bolts with heat-shrink materiel which I then covered in graphite lubricant,very stable and lasted.

What type of drive wheels are you using,I JUST NEVER had a tracking issue with my Asiatam hull,with stock wheels or the Early Model wheels?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Using these metal drive and idle wheels bought from Welsh Dragon Models

http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/spro ... -369-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think i'm getting there now, just a bit more fine tuning with a few washers etc.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “General Questions”