Spektrum R/C

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
helifreak
Recruit

Spektrum R/C

Post by helifreak »

Hi Guys,
I really need a little, no a lot of help. l have a Spektrum DX8i radio system begging to be used. and as I do not have either an operational plane or helicopter at the moment I thought I might utalise it in my Tamiya Sherman and KT ( under construction ) but things are not working out as simple as I first thought. I know that the DX6 can be used so why not the DX8. I have managed to get engine start and run, and the Sherman turret will do wonderful 360 degree turns....no spins that is the extent of operation. Two days later and that remains the situation. Anyone any ideas cos it is bloody frustrating.. I eagerly await any and I do mean any help. Andrew
caddyshack
Sergeant

Re: Spektrum R/C

Post by caddyshack »

I have my tamyia tiger on a dx7..configured as a plane. all trims and servo throws set to 50/50 % during insulation. If you want steering on the right set to aileron. Throttle set to throttle. Rember that when changes are made at the reciver the Dmd unit will need a full reset to see them. Once you have finished the install going in to servo travel,and set elevator to 150% that way you wil not need to move any trims to fire the gun etc.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

One thing i forgot to ask was..does the reciver you are using have a built in regulator. If it does that may be some of the prob.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
helifreak
Recruit

Post by helifreak »

Thanks for the asssit, I will try your suggestions at the weekend when I have time to "play " The reciever is a Spektrum AR8000. I may well be back for your help if that's ok. thanks Andrew
helifreak
Recruit

Post by helifreak »

Thanks, Caddyshack...I am winning now slow but sure....KT now drives and steers...turret rotates...have set gun elevation
to landing gear, works but needs fine adjustment...now for the machine gun and main gun firing....thanks for all the help.
Maybe by the end of the day it will all function.....I wonder if the Sherman is gonna be as easy.. Cheers mate. Andrew

Return to “General Questions”