Tamiya 1:16 Tiger I Measurement required

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
daviddunlop
Private

Tamiya 1:16 Tiger I Measurement required

Post by daviddunlop »

Can someone provide me with the height of the four plastic mounting posts (two each side) on the Lower Hull Assembly to which the MS7 metal Upper Hull Stay is screwed? I am in the process of planning to swap a Tamiya Upper Hull to my Heng Long Tiger I and need to build these mounting posts to the correct height.

Thanks,

David
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tamiya 1:16 Tiger I Measurement required

Post by Dietrich »

Hi David, :~
I would have replied earlier but I have put my set of vernier calipers 'somewhere safe' and now I cannot find them !!
I can only measure 3 of the posts. The 2 at the rear are 41mm from the bottom up and the single one at the front...measured at the rear of the post is 34 mm.....these are close measurments but not exact because of the lack of my calipers :(
Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

David, I don't know if this will help any, because while I do have a caliper handy, it isn't a metric one. The forward-most of the posts is 0.280" tall at the mid-point of it, and the rearward-most post is 0.317" tall at the mid-point of it. When I measure metric drill bits for comparison, a 7mm bit is 0.274" in diameter and an 8mm bit is 0.308" in diameter. So if you want to use drill bits as approximate guides, they're really close to what you want. -Mike
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Old engineers formula for metric/imperial =
For mm , multiply by 25.4
for imperial , divide by 25.4
i.e. .280" x 25.4 = 7.112 mm - simples :D
to the bouncy room ! Yay !

Return to “General Questions”