Internal Aerial

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Internal Aerial

Post by Tankbear »

Thinking of ditching the external aeriel and connecting it to the Asiatam metal hull.

Would this work?

Possible risk of short or interference from the motors as they have the suppression capacitor connected the motor case which is then linked to gearbox then hull.

Or alternatively the Tiger has a metal tube in the main gun could maybe connect to that.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
blimp
Sergeant

Re: Internal Aerial

Post by blimp »

It might work , but the LENGTH of aerial dictates the bandwith reception . Have you thought of trying an internal one ? they can be made for pennies and if you don't get on with it ( not all do ) it is easily replaced . :thumbup:
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
JayBrd
Lance Corporal

Post by JayBrd »

It will not work, you will have nothing but issues with interference your range would only be a few feet at best.

I would suggest you take a piece of coated copper wire 13.25" long and wrap it around some styrene tubing ( 1 1/2" long or so) and place it inside the hull making sure it is not touching metal.. :thumbup:
Streiken Sie schnellen, Streik hart!!
sparks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by sparks »

You could consider changing to 2.4Ghz radio system.
The Rx's just have 2 short aerial cables that have to be run parallel to each other, that is easily done inside the tank.
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

His tanks are Hl..how to you install 2.4 to Hl electronics ?
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
sparks

Post by sparks »

Pardon me, didn't realise there was that much difference with the radio systems, don't HL's use standard Tx's ?
Woof woof woof !
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

Pardon me, didn't realise there was that much difference with the radio systems, don't HL's use standard Tx's ?
3 wires coming from the receiver to the rx18 board..as i said didn't know they would work..if you know a way round it plz post it and i will re-wire mine in .
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
sparks

Post by sparks »

caddyshack wrote:
3 wires coming from the receiver to the rx18 board..as i said didn't know they would work..if you know a way round it plz post it and i will re-wire mine in .

I was asking a question, not making a statement, I've never seen inside a HL tank, just thought they had the same reciever set up as Tamiya's, but obviously not.
Woof woof woof !
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Thanks for the replys guys.

I'll have a go making a coil out of some speaker cable (as it has tough-ish insulation).
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “General Questions”