leopard 2a6 loose tracks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
caddyshack
Sergeant

Re: leopard 2a6 loose tracks

Post by caddyshack »

On my Tamyia tiger the track tension screws are at the rear chassis under underneath, just tip the tank to one side and apply a screw driver to the head. Done in seconds. Don't know about the Leopard as i don't own one, but seems strange they would do this for the tiger and not for the Lepard.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
r32
Lance Corporal

Post by r32 »

You just need to remove two screws from the rear engine deck and two screws from the bottom of the front of the hull. Then disconnect the motor leads and lighting wires, and you can lift off the hull top. Its not that difficult.
dubster70
Recruit

Post by dubster70 »

Hope this will help anyone else doing this job ,there are also 4 screws in the turret which you will have to power up to get at , a magnetised pozi driver is advised i could imagine one heck of a job trying to get a dropped screw out.

Return to “General Questions”