Heng long rear idler bearings?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Heng long rear idler bearings?

Post by The Tank Man »

Hi does anyone no if the heng long tiger pro has metal drive wheels and rear Idler wheels and do the rear idlers have bearings or are they just bushings?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Heng long rear idler bearings?

Post by Saxondog »

First the reference to TIGER PRO really does not identify the tank,vendors use different variants to sell their products. So if you could post a link to the site and the specific tank your interested in we(the membership) will be able to offer the advice you seek.

Saxondog
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I got a Tiger 1 Pro version. Metal gear box (not low ratio), metal tracks, metal drive wheel, platic idler wheels no bearings and plastic road wheels.

Also got KV-1 Pro version. That comes same as above but metal idler wheel but uses same fixing screw method as plastic so quickly come loose.

Hope that helps.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

That did help thanks for that wanted to no because I've got the Asiatam hull and if the rear idlers are plastic then I will order the metal ones mite as well order the front sprockets as well as a set ! Cheers Gary AKA the Tank Man!
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

The Asiatam Hull has metal rear adjusters and their is an upgrade mod here on the forum,I'll try and find it and post a link for you. I've had the Asiatam lower for a long time,very nice hull,solid and a runner. But their are issues with the Wheels you choose to run,their axles are made for the late model metal road wheel or the Asiatam early road wheels.

Several members here have figured out ways to run the H/L Wheels and I'm sure that information is in the recent post in General.

Saxondog
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi The Tank Man.

That is what I’ve just done, fitted Asiatam metal hull to my Tiger 1 Pro Version, as Saxondog says there is topic in the general section which I started which will cover some of your questions. I’m planning to do some adjustments tonight so will try take some pictures and add to help people.

Some points/notes which you may need before starting.
You say you’ve already the hull. If this is a recent new one it should have two sets of axle bolts for the road wheels (short & long) if not you’ll need to buy some rctank.de was recommended to me.
You’ll need a small allan key (1.5mm I believe) to tighten the tiny grub scrubs which hold the axles in.
The HL idler wheel won’t fit so you’ll need to get a pair of replacements (welsh dragon models). You mentioned about getting a drive & idler set, in my opinion no point the drive wheel isn’t any better/different from the HL the only difference is the hub cap is metal.
You’ll need a small drill and tap (2 or 3mm I think) as the gearbox holes wont line up the mounting plate. I didn’t have drill & tap that small so used 4mm as I had some 4mm bolts but the ones supplied in with hull are smaller
The swap over isn’t straight forward there is lots of modifying the plastic road wheels, drill and tapping the gearbox mounting plate etc so you will need some skills. Took me about 2.5 hours on Tuesday night and again will be adjusting setting up the wheels correctly again tonight.
Transferring the electronics is reasonably straight forward. I didn’t want to unsolder the battery lead at the switch so enlarged the hole into the battery box so could fit plug through in one piece.
The smoke unit is off centre and lower than before so at least one smoke pipe will be too short.

I think that covers most items your probably not aware of before you start.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

Thanks every one for the info very helpful! I've checked in the box and it has a small bag with two sets of Axel pins in one short and one long! I've seen some metal wheels that welsh dragon is selling I think they cost £72 and come with bearings and Pre fitted axels! That are for the Asiatam hull!. :thumbup: allso I sent the bender on eBay a message about the henglong tiger and they said it has metal tracks gears and front sprocket it's smoke and sound and has the rx18 in it there selling this tank for 100.00 and £10 postage.I think it's best one for the money on there and will be a good doner for the hull! :angel:
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

Ps Ment vender!lol
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

The Tank Man wrote: I've seen some metal wheels that welsh dragon is selling I think they cost £72 and come with bearings and Pre fitted axels! That are for the Asiatam hull!. :thumbup:
You still need the read idler wheels, think Steve @ Welsh Dragon sells them for abour £8. Plus Steve very knowledgeable about the parts he sells. Ordered multiple times from him and always first class service. :thumbup:

Good luck with your project.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
tanktop
Private

Post by tanktop »

i have fitted bearings to my metal idler wheels of my the tiger1 and they work very well .
( ideler wheel upgrade . tips & tricks ) hope you ifnd this uesfull
Chris

Return to “General Questions”