Tamiya leopard2a6 no recoil action

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
DTKK
Recruit

Tamiya leopard2a6 no recoil action

Post by DTKK »

Hi, need help. My Tamiya leopard 2a6 body no recoil action when gun fire (the gun recoil is normal. What's the problem?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tamiya leopard2a6 no recoil action

Post by Jofaur86 »

:O viewforum.php?f=42
Hello, I think you forgot to go through this post, it's easier to get help, to introduce yourself, to know a little more about you, your passions, how long have you been modeling? ect, etc. Thank you in advance
DTKK
Recruit

Post by DTKK »

Jofaur86 thanks for your remind. I have did it in "introduce yourself" already.
r32
Lance Corporal

Post by r32 »

The "body recoil" is dependent on your tank class setting, light medium or heavy. You get the most body movement in the light setting.
DTKK
Recruit

Post by DTKK »

R32, No reaction for those setting.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Hello, is this problem recent? already worked? comme il faut ... What type of transmitter do you use? Is the travel of the servo outputs correctly adjusted? if programmable radio, not a setting that would have moved? mechanically no worries? it's only loose ideas, like that.for info, attached notice
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/19920 ... =14#manual
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/19920 ... =17#manual has this been respected? at Tamiya, some adjustments are made by shifting certain Trims, so in the case of a programmable radio, pay attention to the percentage of adjustment of the Trims, in the menu.
Irvlabs
Recruit

Post by Irvlabs »

Hello, I am having the same problem with the same tank. I have traced to the gear box. The drive motor does turn a lil when the canon shoots. But when assembled within the gearbox, the motor doesn’t turn as much. I can’t figure it out. I retraced the instructions. All I can see is on page 14 section 7, there is a spurgear A and spurgear B. Both my spurgears are A. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have halted the tank build until I remedy this.
Irvlabs
Recruit

Post by Irvlabs »

I actually re build the gearbox and I have everything corrected. I just can’t get the gearbox not to bind when closing it. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Hello, so it would be a mechanical problem? everything seems to line up well, sprockets, axles, etc. bearings poorly centered? axes that force? is it metal or plastic?

Return to “General Questions”