New player in the RC tank market?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
john1970
Corporal

Re: New player in the RC tank market?

Post by john1970 »

The m10 and centurion might be a popular choice as everything else is readily available
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I was thinking that although the m10 looks to be identical to mato just with paint on, so is also readily available
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I maybe able to get a hold of some of these rather than continue my m3 development so if I can what would be the preferred choice?
M10! Maybe between one of these and the Maddening Mato M10 that I have had for years I could get a working M10.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I still keep wondering what company's Centurion that is since HL has made no reference I can see to releasing one. It seems a little too soon after the Tamiya release to have cloned theirs IMO.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

There’s nothing there that is not available from another manufacturer and if I’m honest looking at their store page suggests to me that they are nothing more than hl or mato, with exception to the as tankme says tamiya centurion at wholesale prices. There are several companies claiming to be manufacturers on the app that are selling hl products and this on at the moment looks no different.

However using the m10 as an example it’s bulk price is £36. For orders of 10 or more, I would point out that this price is per unit and excludes any shipping costs import tariffs and customs charges so it is my believe that even if a deal was struck as was mentioned earlier the final price in Europe and uk at least would not be much cheaper than the current market prices if at all.

For the centurion it does not seem to be available to order, though it’s unit price does suggest the pre cost wholesale price for the tamiya centurion.

As promised I did some research and I could get the m10, but after adding the costs of import I highly doubt they could be sold for much less than the current sellers
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Maybe between one of these and the Maddening Mato M10 that I have had for years I could get a working M10.
But it's Mato M10 on the pictures, only painted ;)

Return to “General Questions”