HL King Tiger 3888 questions and obstacles

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
EvilMP
Recruit

HL King Tiger 3888 questions and obstacles

Post by EvilMP »

Hi everyone,

I bought a HL King Tiger (KT) as a noob well over a year and a half ago not knowing what I do now. There was a incident with my HL KT where I didn't use it for three months. When I did go to use it the bb barrel was not working so I opened it up only to find the barrel gear grease turned into an oily liquid that leaked in the mainboard and fried half of it's control ability.

So fast forward I decided to franken tank this thing, I got a torro lower and upper hull with turret, the HL KT metal tracks and sprockets from my old one. Someone on ebay sold me a gearbox which is a mato all steel one that I was told worked with the 3888 when my HL KT was working. Then I picked up an IBU2 ultimate, my question is will the mato gearbox work correctly with the Torro lower hull or will the measurements be off? I made the assumption that most of these parts and tanks are made by the same handful of companies which means in theory they should work. But in reality will that gearbox mount correctly and be the right drive shaft length in the Torro lower hull?
jarndice
Colonel

Re: HL King Tiger 3888 questions and obstacles

Post by jarndice »

Hi, most Heng Long and Taigen/Torro parts are interchangeable but MATO are a rule unto themselves when it comes to fit and their metal is often of questionable quality.
I have deliberately gone for MATO parts in the past but with the full knowledge that there would be a lot of fettling to get the job done to my satisfaction,
So Beware.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Sometimes installation of Mato gearbox in Taigen requires some sanding and drilling. Also shaft could be different.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Hello,
first thing easily verifiable, is the axis of the sprockets (toothed sprockets) of the right diameter and length, once fixed, is it centered in relation to the existing hole in the chassis?

Return to “General Questions”