21st century toys m-5 Stuart

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Barcus83
Recruit

21st century toys m-5 Stuart

Post by Barcus83 »

I recently purchased this tank at a garage sale and was wondering if I could get some info on it. It looks as if it has never been played with.
Attachments
617D1278-0D9F-472F-BC5C-31DEE3639D2C.jpeg
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 21st century toys m-5 Stuart

Post by tankme »

Had one years ago. That looks to be one of the later releases. Probably has the ABC switch to be able to run with two other tanks at a time. Lots of upgrade parts from East Coast Armory, AmourPax, and others. Runs on a 12V Sealed Lead Acid battery, but no reason you couldn't use a Li-Ion or Lipo with it. I would use a Low Battery Alarm if using a Li-Ion or Lipo though.

Spyker Workshop https://spykerworkshop.com sells ABS tracks that are representative of the actual tracks and other upgrades. Not cheap, but of good quality.

Sprockets can break if run too hard, but a lot of folks put a hose clamp around the sprocket hub to keep them from splitting. These tanks are getting to be pretty old by now so the plastics are probably getting a little brittle, but in most cases the plastic is thick so it shouldn't be that much of an issue.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Page 2 of the Large Scale Military section has two M5 builds that you ought to look at. Both have lots of good information there.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

21st Century Toys filed for bankruptcy circa 2010 and sold off all their assets around 2013. Most of the production of the 1/6th scale stuff stopped around 2010. Spare parts for these tanks are getting a lot more expensive at this point. Ebay prices for the tanks are anywhere from like $150 bucks for really bad examples to over $600 for really nice ones, but I think that's too much personally. Most of the time you have to add a big chuck for shipping on top of those prices.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Questions”