On the hunt/search for!!

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Skid Kid
Recruit

On the hunt/search for!!

Post by Skid Kid »

Im searching for a 1/16 halftrack, either German or American, prefer American. Every sales site I know about do not list them or are always listed as "out of stock". Any guidance would be appreciated
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: On the hunt/search for!!

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Sigh: the Torro US Halftrack with the Ack-Ack is often out of production. Since 2000 I have seen it in production only twice, and it sells out fast. I wish I had bought more than one, but the price and cost of shipping from Germany was intimidating. I have since learned that the best way to reduce shipping costs from overseas are to buy a whole load of stuff at once, thus taking on acute financial pain in one quick shot. :haha: See, e.g.: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30720 :O

As for German half-tracks, there are none in 1/16 in mass production; however, if you have some RC and modeling experience, you could take on a build. I am currently winding up to do an Asiatam Famo, and despite decades of experience, I am a slow learner on these kinds of things, plodding on until modest success or frustration win out. The electronics are the first challenge for me; next will be the mechanicals; finally the painting and detailing is fun, too.

Others may jump in here (I hope) on half track possibilities and more.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Every time Torro or WSN does a production run, the M16 half-track they sell out fast and as far as I know they have done a production run since like 2018.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you do get hold of one I would recommend you go to U-Tube and check out some very nice videos showing how to modify the M16,
It is a very rewarding vehicle to work on and can readily be converted to really look the part,
Good luck in your search and no you can't have mine :haha:
And don't forget WCP are the middle of building the German 251 Half track,If you hurry you might be able to get on the waiting list,
I am waiting very impatiently for mine but you would never believe the selfishness of Will and Catherine,
They actually have the brass neck to put the wellbeing of the family first.
I don't see that catching on in this country where feral youngsters seems to be the norm,
Sorry I am of the Children should be seen and NOT heard generation :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

My solution, Jarndice, is to drive myself bananas with the Asiatam Famo while my WCP 251 is coming overseas. That way I get experience to overcome the feeling of terror when I set out on a build. :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

There's the Trumpeter M16, no idea if it's RC-able though. I got lucky and picked up one of the 27MHz ones as they disappeared. At some point it'll get worked on....

To add, one of the Grantham members built a Hannomag using the WPL truck axle, bits of a Panther and a load of plasticard & time. If you find us on Facebook (Grantham Light Armoured Division) there should be some pics.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

This German shop still have it in stock:
https://www.mhm-shop.de/1/16-24-GHz-RC- ... k-in-Green
tankme

Post by tankme »

That site's HTTPS (secure) certificate is expired. It also shows up on my companies ban list for DNS entries. Buy from that site at your own risk.
Derek
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

tankme wrote:That site's HTTPS (secure) certificate is expired. It also shows up on my companies ban list for DNS entries. Buy from that site at your own risk.
One of the best dealers in our hobby is according to Google Chrome NOT SECURE!!! And that is -----
www.rctank.de/
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tankme

Post by tankme »

jarndice wrote:
tankme wrote:That site's HTTPS (secure) certificate is expired. It also shows up on my companies ban list for DNS entries. Buy from that site at your own risk.
One of the best dealers in our hobby is according to Google Chrome NOT SECURE!!! And that is -----
http://www.rctank.de/
According to my Chrome browser rctank.de is secure and the cert is valid. You can play Russian roulette with your credit card number on some unknown, unsecure site if you wish. Be my guest.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.02 KiB) Viewed 509 times
Derek

Return to “General Questions”