Taigen TIGER 1 & PANTHER G

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Spartantracks
Recruit

Taigen TIGER 1 & PANTHER G

Post by Spartantracks »

What are the main inaccuracies of these Taigen Tiger 1 early, and Panther G moudlings????
Jagdtiger ...Torro
Jagdpanther....Torro
Panther F.....Torro
Panther G ....Torro
Tiger Early....Tamiya
Tiger Late...Torro
Sturmtiger....Torro
Panzer 4 .....Torro
Elefant ....Hooben
T34/85....Torro
Kingtiger...Tamiya/ Custom
Tiger 1 …….1/6 Scale Early
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Taigen TIGER 1 & PANTHER G

Post by jarndice »

The biggest single failing of the Heng Long, Taigen,Torro Tiger 1 is the misplaced Turret, If you check the Forum you will find how to fix it,
The very early Tiger 1s had a fording plate which was quickly removed BUT that message never got through to Heng Long, Taigen, Torro which is why this raised rectangular moulding is to be found on the floor of the tank body beside the Turret on the Drivers side,
The Tiger 1 had a spare aerial holder which consisted of a pipe elevated by a few mm on the Radio operators side running the full length of the engine bay,
Heng Long, Taigen, Torro all have a poor moulded facsimile of the aerial holder but for reasons that allude me they have duplicated it on the opposite side of the engine bay, An easy fix with a craft knife.
There are other little problems but these are the major faults all of which can be fixed.
I have never had a Panther,
Too much like a jelly mould for me :haha: So I cannot help you with that.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”