Metal turret ring on heng long tiger help.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
delta19
Recruit

Metal turret ring on heng long tiger help.

Post by delta19 »

So I have recently bought two 360° metal turret rings for my heng long tigers and have run in to an issue. The metal ring doesn't sit right on the turret and, before I start trimming plastic I thought I would ask for help.
20220525_232745.jpg
Now I was just wondering if I need to trim the ring on the bottom of the turret down to get this to fit or if it should have been a straight drop in part?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Metal turret ring on heng long tiger help.

Post by tankme »

It's not a complete drop-in part as sections needs to be cut away to make space for the bearings. I have found that the metal ring dimensions are slightly different than the plastic ones from Heng Long and Taigen. Personally I would test fit the metal ring without the turret to see if the dimensions are good before modifying the turret to get it to fit.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Questions”