Clark TK 40 board killing my recoil servo

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Clark TK 40 board killing my recoil servo

Post by Jofaur86 »

I admit I don't understand? I have a TK 22 older than TK 40, never had problems with servos? Regarding the Esc, they are designed to provide a certain maximum intensities (105 amperes? I think) but a servo consumes very little. Now is it possible that there is an incompatibility of the levels of the signals provided? may be ?
RealRecoil Servo Port is always turned ON, no setting is needed to turn it on
1. Signal( White Wire)
2. +5V ( Red Wire)
3. Battery - (Black Wire)

Notice TK 40 that I think is the same as yours?
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx40/index.html
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Have you looked here on this Forum? may be the solution ?
viewforum.php?f=204
https://www.dideo.ir/v/yt/B3H-EWi9B4A/c ... o-setup-fs
quitcherbitchen
Private

Post by quitcherbitchen »

Not sure if this posted, but do not click the video. It is full of click virus. Your browser will be infected.
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:( Thanks for the info, sorry, but I hadn't noticed anything during the viewing??
quitcherbitchen
Private

New Old problem now. I have the recoil working, but the tank will still stall out right in the middle of a battle and die. No response. It will shimmy hard just before this happens. Sometimes it will start right back up once I turn it off and then on, but today it was hot outside and the board seemed very hot, well the FETs were hot. That could be normal, but my Pershing with the same board has no issues what so ever, but is mostly stock and light. The Panzer is a little bit heavier with metal tracks and sprockets. Could a cooling fan help? Where could I wire it too? Any help would be appreciated.
Heng Long Panzer III
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

MAKE SURE you turn off the hull recoil when firing or taking hits. We found that eliminates the problem of the board shutting down...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
quitcherbitchen
Private

I'll try that thanks
Heng Long Panzer III
quitcherbitchen
Private

I found out the solution and wanted to report back in case someone else had the same issue. The recoil servo was actually coming in contact with the rear of the tank bottom plate. I solved it by grinding out the bottom plate (where the traverse ring mounts) to make more clearance. Now my issue is the elevation servo just spins and spins in one direction(to the right) . Anyone know what the Clark directions mean when they put *1/5 in the operating manual?
Heng Long Panzer III
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

quitcherbitchen wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:35 pm I found out the solution and wanted to report back in case someone else had the same issue. The recoil servo was actually coming in contact with the rear of the tank bottom plate. I solved it by grinding out the bottom plate (where the traverse ring mounts) to make more clearance. Now my issue is the elevation servo just spins and spins in one direction(to the right) . Anyone know what the Clark directions mean when they put *1/5 in the operating manual?
Have you switched it into servo elevation mode using the ir programmer?
tankme

Post by tankme »

quitcherbitchen wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:35 pm I found out the solution and wanted to report back in case someone else had the same issue. The recoil servo was actually coming in contact with the rear of the tank bottom plate. I solved it by grinding out the bottom plate (where the traverse ring mounts) to make more clearance. Now my issue is the elevation servo just spins and spins in one direction(to the right) . Anyone know what the Clark directions mean when they put *1/5 in the operating manual?
I've looked through his docs and the "*" always seems to mean "times" or "multiply". It just doesn't make sense in this case why it says "times 1 /5" . No clue. Sometimes he seems to be saying the 1st port of it's kind, then the second with the /number being the number of pins of the connector. His mind operates a little different so who knows what it actually means.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Questions”