Best track adjustment

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Tiger 323
Private

Best track adjustment

Post by Tiger 323 »

Hey guys, I did try to search a few times but was unable to find anything on what tends to be best for driving in dirt/mud/sand. I’m not too concerned about what is historically accurate as far as tracks having slack, just more curious if the 1/16 rc tigers overlapping wheels function better tight or loose. I have heng long tiger 1 and tiger 2, both have metal gears, tracks and metal sprocket and idler wheels. If I had to guess I’d say a little slack might be better? Just curious how the people who drive them outside have the best luck having the tracks setup. Thanks!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Best track adjustment

Post by Jimster »

I use the Henntech (sp) tension adjuster and run my tracks slightly loose. I haven’t had to readjust them in over a year and drive my Tiger through hell and back with no problems. Just one man’s experience.
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

Jimster wrote:I use the Henntech (sp) tension adjuster and run my tracks slightly loose. I haven’t had to readjust them in over a year and drive my Tiger through hell and back with no problems. Just one man’s experience.

Thanks! What motors and gears are you running?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’m using the the Heng Long dual current unit from Forge Bear. Quiet and practically unstoppable.
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... er_I_.html
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

thanks! i will look into the dual current unit. does it require anything additional to run it?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Not that I’m aware of. I run an aftermarket board and hobby grade radio so I’m not absolutely sure about factory board’s compatibility. Should be okay though and others may chime in with more precise info.

Return to “General Questions”