Taigen / Torro Metal Track Adjustment

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Taigen / Torro Metal Track Adjustment

Post by MikeHamilton »

Good afternoon.

Just a quick question.
My Torro / Taigen Pro Metal King Tiger is nearing completion.
I have just refitted fitted the metal tracks and can't for the life of me work out how to adjust the track tension.
I have a search through the forum and can't find anything of relevance.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Taigen / Torro Metal Track Adjustment

Post by jarndice »

Before you or indeed anyone adjusts Tank Tracks you need to know what the ideal setting is,
A Panzer 4 runs quite loosely, A Tiger 1 track should not touch the first two wheel sets only touching down (Barely) on the third.
If you do not know then check out stock photographs of the particular Tank that interests you.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

jarndice wrote:Before you or indeed anyone adjusts Tank Tracks you need to know what the ideal setting is,
A Panzer 4 runs quite loosely, A Tiger 1 track should not touch the first two wheel sets only touching down (Barely) on the third.
If you do not know then check out stock photographs of the particular Tank that interests you.

I knew about the actual tension and touching the road wheels. It’s the actual tensioning I’m having problems with. The adjustment screw on the underside seems to lock the position in place, but locking the actual adjuster when tension is put on it is the issue I’ve got ( if that helps?).
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If its the system that uses the screws that are under the chassis near the rear plate, once you adjust them & your tracks are how you want them, they will stay there.
The way the system is configured means the crank arrangement cannot back off.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

HERMAN BIX wrote:If its the system that uses the screws that are under the chassis near the rear plate, once you adjust them & your tracks are how you want them, they will stay there.
The way the system is configured means the crank arrangement cannot back off.
Thank you. I managed to work it out eventually, I think they’ll need adjusting once I’ve given it a good run a few times.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

They will, but not because the system has backed off at all.
Paint wearing off , tight tolerances opening up, and accumulated wear on all the running gear will of course require the readjustment.
The Taigen system is very good.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

HERMAN BIX wrote:They will, but not because the system has backed off at all.
Paint wearing off , tight tolerances opening up, and accumulated wear on all the running gear will of course require the readjustment.
The Taigen system is very good.
Thank you for your help. I’m a happier bunny now.

Return to “General Questions”