Sooo....

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Sooo....

Post by jarndice »

In my youth I was lucky enough to have an Aunt and Uncle who were committed members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers),
Unlike the accepted view of such followers they were Intelligent amusing and a joy to be with,
They were not overly impressed at sharing a Military based family background but with the tolerance of Quakers they let it pass,
I have ever since found myself using thee and thou in conversation even though I understand that such expressions are no longer used in that faith.
I have a great affection for the English language both written and spoken but that affection does not include my Country right or wrong,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I would feel absolutely naked if not allowed to carry a concealed firearm. It’s such a part of my daily life.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And yet with very few exceptions such as drug dealers no one in the UK would think of carrying a firearm.
But when it comes to knives far to many young people in this country carry one as the norm :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ah, sorry, Rob- about the thread abuse. But do remember the old British saying: 'A stitch in time saves nine!' (kittens, possibly :haha: )
Next to your tank and WW2 DVDs, I don't suppose you have a collection of Monty Python? I wouldn't be surprised. :thumbup:

So...what next for the interior of your bargain Sherman? Like you, I'd leave the exterior untouched; but would add hints of unit insignia, peeking through the Winter camo.
Does the turret still have Tamiya elevation and turn motors.
If so, I don't know how well they'll work (if at all) with a Tk 6.0 series controller. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

La tourelle a-t-elle toujours des moteurs d'élévation et de rotation Tamiya.
Si c'est le cas, je ne sais pas dans quelle mesure ils fonctionneront (voire pas du tout) avec un contrôleur de la série Tk 6.0.:pense:

unies it has been modified, there is no original recoil on this one? lack of space, and like a howitzer, recoil can be significant, but it is possible to adapt one, homemade

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZEYQ_jzDXk
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

For info, and on this forum, homemade recoil, but for Tam electronics. Can be done with Taigen turntable, but you have to add a small, specific module, as below

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6153&start=60
C19CFB09-B89E-4557-A8AF-F37044C04E27.jpeg
more precision if interested :thumbup:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

You forgot Eckythump Roy!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Estnische wrote:You forgot Eckythump Roy!
That one will probably fly past Rob like a well-aimed black pudding. :D
I lived in the dales for few years as a child, before being repatriated to Scotland. 'Ecky' (from Heck/hell) 'thump' (big surprise) was old Yorkshire dialect, probably from Viking Danish originally, like many Yorks dialect words and phrases- but co-opted by Bill Oddie of 'The Goodies', and their 'Kung Fu Capers' episode, where black puddings are used as Northern 'kung Fu' accessories :D instead of stars-
Personally, I'd rather be hit by a black pudding. :D
That's Not a DVD Rob is likely to own. :shh:
Sorry, Rob- do carry on.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”