Electrical fault

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
john1970
Corporal

Re: Electrical fault

Post by john1970 »

Jofaur86 wrote:found on RCUnivers forum
RE: Installer Asiatam Recoil dans Panzer 3
Le fil rouge épais est un fil de terre et relie le moteur de recul à la terre via le micro-interrupteur pour terminer le cycle de recul (amener le pistolet à la position d'origine)...
Ils auraient dû utiliser un fil noir pour éviter toute confusion ...

Le petit fil rouge amène l'alimentation (7,2 Volts) aux moteurs d'élévation et de recul...
Le fil vert déclenche l'élévation et le fil jaune déclenche le recul tandis que le fil rouge épais (lorsqu'il est connecté à la terre) complète le cycle de recul ....
Espérons que cela aide ...Norm.
Translation

The thick red wire is a ground wire and connects the recoil motor to ground via the microswitch to complete the recoil cycle (bring the gun to the home position) ...
They should have used black wire to avoid confusion ...

The small red wire brings the power (7.2 Volts) to the lift and recoil motors ...
The green wire triggers the elevation and the yellow wire triggers the recoil while the thick red wire (when connected to ground) completes the recoil cycle ....
Hope this helps
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jofaur86 wrote:found on RCUnivers forum
RE: Installer Asiatam Recoil dans Panzer 3
Le fil rouge épais est un fil de terre et relie le moteur de recul à la terre via le micro-interrupteur pour terminer le cycle de recul (amener le pistolet à la position d'origine)...
Ils auraient dû utiliser un fil noir pour éviter toute confusion ...

Le petit fil rouge amène l'alimentation (7,2 Volts) aux moteurs d'élévation et de recul...
Le fil vert déclenche l'élévation et le fil jaune déclenche le recul tandis que le fil rouge épais (lorsqu'il est connecté à la terre) complète le cycle de recul ....
Espérons que cela aide ...Norm.
English translation-----
Quote"
Found on RC Universe Forum,
RE: Install Asiatam Recoil in PZ3,
The thick red wire is a Ground/Earth wire and connects the recoil motor to the Ground/Earth via the Microswitch,
To complete the recoil cycle (Bring the gun to the position of origin),(They should have used a Black wire to avoid confusion)...
The small red wire brings the power (7.2 Volts) to the elevation and recoil motors...
The green wire triggers the elevation and the yellow wire triggers the recoil while the Thick red wire (When connected to the Ground) completes the recoil cycle,
Hope this helps, Norm"
End of translation.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A translation of Jofaur's observations from RC Universe, just for convenience:
"...found on RCUnivers forum
RE: Install Asiatam Recoil in Panzer 3
The thick red wire is a ground wire and connects the recoil motor to ground via the microswitch to complete the recoil cycle (bring the gun to the home position) ...
They should have used black wire to avoid confusion ...

The small red wire brings the power (7.2 Volts) to the lift and recoil motors ...
The green wire triggers the elevation and the yellow wire triggers the recoil while the thick red wire (when connected to ground) completes the recoil cycle ....
Hope this helps ... Norm.

Jofaur86...."
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

its slightly wrong the green wire triggers the recoil and is connected to the same terminal as the yellow wire which goes to a microswitch for the return earth wire in red and a black wire triggers elevation
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Taigen IR wiring of all electronic components
Taigen IR wiring of all electronic components
Taigen Wiring_Diagram_for_IR_1024x1024.jpg (73.23 KiB) Viewed 317 times
This should help to understand the IR circuit used in V3 models. There is another version, but that has the 360degree slip ring. You don't have that. Is there a thick black or red connector coming out of the MFU?
If so, that's where the red lead ("Ground - Wire") from the recoil should be coupled. If not, then, it goes to earth on the main switch. Perhaps you connected it to the live side of the switch. :problem:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Topper wrote:Hello
I connected the red wire from the recoil unit to the black wire from the on/off switch, I didnt think this was a good idea but I did it anyway, on starting the tank, smoke came from the turret, I switched off the power, now the gun will not go up or down, I have ordered a new recoil unit,Im putting this one in the bin.
Thanks for all the help!!!!
Frank
Doing it that way is the way it use to be done before they put the wire on the MFU. Forgebear sells an on/off switch with a recoil return connected to it

by getting smoke from the turret suggests that the green wire that goes to the same motor terminal was connected to a live that shouldn't have happened as it is the centre wire on the 3 pin plug so even if the plug was in the wrong way round it would still be the centre wire connected to the centre pin
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hello
" on/off switch with a recoil return connected to it" I conected the black wire shown in your pic, I put the recoil in the bin,

Return to “General Questions”