Heng long control problems

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng long control problems

Post by bikerdude »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Can you remove the crystal from the faulty transmitter and put it into one you know works, then see if the tank comes to life.
That way at least you can work the tank.

On the lack of red light.
There can be a huge amount of mucking around with batteries in the old old H/L transmitters.
New or not, they sometimes dont make the right contact.
Gently work each spring type battery contact to increase the tension on each battery, make sure the points that touch the battery is clean-use a bit of sandpaper or a file.
When you fit the batteries, work each one around & up/down in situ with your thumb.
I assume the transmitter you have has dividers between neach AA battery, if so, these can be chopped out.
There is differences in length and diameter of cheap AA batteries too, so that why there could be nothing wrong except a bad contact(s) .

Hope you get it sorted ;)
Our other tanks are on 2.4GHz, but I couldn't find one of those reasonably priced enough for my youngest birthday, so he ended up with an older model. If he uses it enough I may upgrade the electronics in the future sometime.

I took the control apart and all the wires seemed ok, no obvious breaks or anything. Checked the battery compartment contacts and they all seemed fine. Put it back together and it suddenly worked!, turned it off to switch back on and check and it wouldn't work again! Frustrated and flicking the switch off and on, it started working again, which is when I noticed it only worked with a little pressure on the front of the transmitter, just above the 3 buttons. So as a temporary fix I've folded up a bit of paper and wedged it in the battery compartment and it seems to work now.
Tiger6 wrote:@Bikerdude - if you can make it to Grantham club on Sunday, let me know and I'll bring one of my spare transmitters (bring your dead one tho, I strip dead handsets for things for centering springs).
Thanks, I would've come along but it's my birthday Sunday and my wife has arranged something, so not able to this time. I've wanted to come since I was chatting to someone (and bought a tank off them) at Wicksteed park, but I work 5 out of 7 weekends so it rarely falls on one of my weekends off.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

if you have a soldering iron and some knowledge, it is easy to replace this defective switch with another model, even if not identical. Another solution, inject WD 40, it is a penetrating agent and cleans the electrical contacts :thumbup:
4C56AC5C-370B-46B8-9AA0-5A38B8CEB519.jpeg
4C56AC5C-370B-46B8-9AA0-5A38B8CEB519.jpeg (16.36 KiB) Viewed 475 times
53907549-07E3-492C-B97F-43075F935670.jpeg
53907549-07E3-492C-B97F-43075F935670.jpeg (24.11 KiB) Viewed 475 times
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

If you have an test meter try checking the cable runs from the battery tags through the various tags in the controller. You should son be able to identify where the circuit is broken. Re the switch, just check the continuity with the meter- that wil tell you if it's faulty or not. If you don't have a meter.....get one! ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”