Controller recommendation

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Topper
Corporal

Controller recommendation

Post by Topper »

Hello
I would be grateful for any reasonably priced controller recommendation, I would like to run 3 Taigen V3 and a HL King Tiger I bought a few months ago from the same crontroller.
Thanks in advance
Frank
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Controller recommendation

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Frank, the HL King Tiger will need a radio transmitter of the same vintage as the Multi Function Unit controller, in order to work. Hobby grade radio transmitters won't work with HL MFU s (controllers)
By 'same controller', I'm assuming you mean the Radio transmitter (TX) and not the multi-function unit. You can use a hobby grade transmitter with V3 MFUs, but I can't say whether when it's bound to one of the three, that it will also control the other two. According to the literature, it should work 'right out of the box' with one unit. 3 units?...no idea. :)
https://www.taigentanks.com/collections ... ose-sounds
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Frank, the HL King Tiger will need a radio transmitter of the same vintage as the Multi Function Unit controller, in order to work. Hobby grade radio transmitters won't work with HL MFU s (controllers)
By 'same controller', I'm assuming you mean the Radio transmitter (TX) and not the multi-function unit. You can use a hobby grade transmitter with V3 MFUs, but I can't say whether when it's bound to one of the three, that it will also control the other two. According to the literature, it should work 'right out of the box' with one unit. 3 units?...no idea. :)
https://www.taigentanks.com/collections ... ose-sounds
Hello
Thanks for your reply, yes a radio transmitter , I want a single radio transmitter not 3 transmitters.
I want to switch from one tank to another using the same radio transmitter.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

if you want to use just the 1 transmitter then you will need to have the same board in all your tanks.
If you want to use just the taigen transmitter then the heng long tank will need to be fitted with a taigen board
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Using a single Taigen transmitter is possible, on condition of course as said above, on the condition of having the same type of plate for all the tanks and of making the pairing (Bind) for the whole. made for a friend who used a tank radio (in his case 6) :haha: For Heng Long? I dont know ? but must be same
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jofaur86 wrote::) Using a single Taigen transmitter is possible, on condition of course as said above, on the condition of having the same type of plate for all the tanks and of making the pairing (Bind) for the whole. made for a friend who used a tank radio (in his case 6) :haha: For Heng Long? I dont know ? but must be same
Sorry my friend The Taigen V2/V3 Control Board has provision for coupling up to an aftermarket Transmitter/Receiver whereas the Heng Long Board from the old RX13 through to the Latest version 7 Board has no provision for any controller other than Heng Longs own.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

yes but I meant, Heng Long with Heng Long and not Taigen / HL of course
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks for all your replies!!!
Could I use a Radiomaster TX16S to control the V3 tanks?
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Sure. This is a little overkill but maybe in the future you will change board for something better and that radio will be perfect ;)
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks

Return to “General Questions”