Tiger 1 gearbox

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Tiger 1 gearbox

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"This would be a very opportune time to replace your gears boxes with the Heng Long dual current unit. " Jim, to use the HengLong dual speed, I would have to change out to HengLong electronics, right? The very limited sound choices in HengLong have been a frustration to me.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

No, my friend. I actually use Elmod electronics in my Tiger but these gearboxes should work with most manufacturer’s boards. Having a hobby grade programmable radio will also ensure success using this awesome gearbox. I only have one tank but if I had more I would install Elmod boards in every one. But that’s a whole different topic.
The rabbit hole runs deep but the satisfaction of ultra realistic quiet driving performance is priceless in my humble opinion.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thanks for the tip, Jim. For years, I stuck to repairing, upgrading, and replacing with production Taigen and a few HengLong electronics. But now I am starting to learn my way around RXs, TXs, ESCs, LiPos, and Schmypos. I do like the possibility of both slowing and getting even finer control of tank speed and turret rotation, and gun elevation. So many hobbies: so little moola.

Return to “General Questions”