Torro Tiger 1 wiring

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Torro Tiger 1 wiring

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

photo 3
Attachments
P1070755.JPG
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

take the recoil unit out of the turret and check the wires on it make sure none have come off from the on/off switch
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just a quick mention note of the two recoil systems Jofaur kindly contributed. The lower, alloy, unit is actually Heng Long's latest offering and is intended to be used with its V6.0 series of controllers. The recoil is servo-based and won't work with Taigen V3 controllers, as far as I can see. (The V3 has no dedicated three-pin servo connection points).
Yes, and as John suggested, always check wiring connections to check for dry joints (bad solder), and detached wires. Also, make a note of which colours emanate from individual components. This will aid finding the correct terminals on the V3 controller.
It's also the case that there was, in the past, an earth wire running from the recoil unit to the power switch (main on/off switch) on earlier iterations, without which the recoil won't operate. Counter-intuitively, the wire is sometimes red- yet it is a ground/earth wire.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hello
I had to replace all but one of the suspension Arms, the torsion bars were all there, I have ordered a recoil unit and mantle and Taigen V3, every thing is put back together and hopely finished tomorrow.
Regards
Frank
Attachments
early tiger 001.jpg
early tiger 001.jpg (79.34 KiB) Viewed 482 times

Return to “General Questions”