Whats this?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Topper
Corporal

Whats this?

Post by Topper »

Hello
Does the attached pic show wires going to a charging port? If yes, what sort of charger do I use?
Thanks in advance
Frank
Attachments
bike 021 (600 x 450).jpg
bike 021 (600 x 450).jpg (68.45 KiB) Viewed 379 times
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Whats this?

Post by jarndice »

My first Tiger 1 was from Taigen and it had a charging port as standard between the Exhaust stacks and as the charger was the standard issue version I assume that was what I was supposed to use,
The idea of spending 8 hours with a charger hooked up to the battery in the Tiger directly made my mind up for me.
I have never charged a battery in situ even though I use a Turnigy charger which is both more versatile but also infinitely faster than Taigens own.
As I use LiPos the only safe way to charge them is in a secure safety bag away from the Tank.
If I were you I would disconnect the socket to remove the temptation :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :)
Not easy to determine, if corresponds to a charge? seen like that? it would be necessary to see the other side, moreover it is not the plug which determines the type of charger? see more the type of battery, in your case I would say Nicd (yellow) or Nimh (green) and nowadays all current chargers, work for any type of battery and has in principle, several cables with different types charging sockets!!!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thank you gentlemen

Return to “General Questions”