V2 taigen steel gearbox

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Shootermcgraw
Private

V2 taigen steel gearbox

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Hello members,
I'm reaching out for anyone that has had problems with this type of gearbox? Mine just blew out or shall I say spun a bearing! I'm looking to purchase if someone out there has any laying around or know where I could get them? I appreciate any help that's given! The overall size is 7.16 mm and the hole diameter is 6.0mm.....
Thanks
ImageImageImage

Sent from my ONA19TB003 using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
RenoirLV
Corporal

V2 taigen steel gearbox

Post by RenoirLV »

Hi. I believe rctank.de are selling shafts for this box. If that’s what you need.

https://www.rctank.de/Drive-axles-with- ... hort-shaft

I guess you need something else. I have these coffee grinder boxes on my shelf at home.
My only problem ever was that I snapped the pin on the pinion of the drive shaft once. Had to replace it with a nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Shootermcgraw
Private

Re: V2 taigen steel gearbox

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Thanks bud for your funny response, but I don't think a nail is going to do it for me.... If that really worked for you? Man, I would really like to see some photos of that modification.

Sent from my 9032Z using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

You can’t see very well but there is a nail from a hardware store in with flattened ends on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Shootermcgraw wrote:Thanks bud for your funny response, but I don't think a nail is going to do it for me....Image If that really worked for you? Man, I would really like to see some photos of that modification.

Sent from my 9032Z using Tapatalk
I confirm, for doing the same, what our friend said, why not work with a nail :O Do you think that the metal used by the Chinese children is the same as for a rocket :haha: for bearings, see on eBay or "Aliexpress"
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: As the old saying goes: 'a stitch in time... saves nine'. In this instance, it's a well-placed nail in time. :clap: Wonders and improvisation, will never cease. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

In this scale in this hobby the metals quality is more important than its original purpose.
I use Tin cans for metal sheet and metal coat hangers for any number of replacement parts. A nail is made of high tensile steel, It has to be to withstand its initial use and its long period of service without failing.
If it can be hammered, cut to size, Tapped, drilled or soldered then I am interested in it no matter where it comes from.
Saying it is only a nail is missing the point (sic) of the value of the metals quality and its usefulness beyond that of it being a nail.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

That's great ingenuity RenoirLV!
Thanks for your photo I can see where you would have put the nail now brilliant. Now I know if that happens to my gears that's what I'll use. Thanks for the Post

You can call me Will:
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

For all you other improvisionists....if that's a word? Thanks for checking in on this post I really do believe people will find whatever it takes in this hobby to make it work for the long run.

You can call me Will:

Return to “General Questions”