Tank identification help

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Cshaffer
Private

Re: Tank identification help

Post by Cshaffer »

John1970 that’s pretty impressive considering that’s not a great picture of most of them
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

tankme wrote:You are going to have a lot of fun trying to find out which radios go with which tanks...
No, it should be quite simple, it's 27 Mhz, and in principle there is a (white) label on the chip (quartz) and check that the emitter is the same as the receiver. Be careful, it existed at the very beginning, old enough, a system with a 3-position switch, to change frequencies, both on the transmitter and the receiver, from memory? ABC
like this
0A603694-52E4-44DD-BEA9-9F03BD024BC4.jpeg
0A603694-52E4-44DD-BEA9-9F03BD024BC4.jpeg (32.06 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Transmettre HL 27 MHz avec quartz
9B6D4777-8360-474D-B681-20B4127C7C1F.jpeg
9B6D4777-8360-474D-B681-20B4127C7C1F.jpeg (64.16 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Quartz 27Mhz
C06AB8C5-D3CF-46E4-88E0-C52F59E03195.jpeg
C06AB8C5-D3CF-46E4-88E0-C52F59E03195.jpeg (20.22 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Récepteur 27 MHz HL
9A361C73-61C7-4C71-98B5-CE0235A57802.jpeg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:clap: I shall need a neck-brace soon, :problem: can you ensure the shots of your amazing collection are flipped vertical, not horizontal :wtf: :D :thumbup: Cheers!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That was, indeed, impressive John1970. Cschaffer: I speculate that many of the tanks you have are earlier HengLong tanks with batteries that fit in a box closed by a single screw and 27MHz electronics using "chips" of quartz.

If you have the inclination and patience, post photos of one tank at a time. Stand up a sheet of white paper (or an old bed sheet or pillow case) behind the tank and take the photos as closely as possible with your cell phone or other electronic camera, filling the frame with the tank. Take one front 3/4 view, one opposite corner rear 3/4 view, one of the bottom of the tank.

Doing so should help us identify the tank and the brand while occupying you steadily for a while. After all, what else do you have to do? ...eat? ...sleep? ...work? ( :thumbdown:) ...make whoopie? ;) :D
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

Jofaur86 you are correct that is the electronics most of them have in them.

Sorry I did not realize that the picture was side ways I’ll fix that in future pictures

As for uploading pictures of the tanks I have a couple other threads of tanks on here I have uploaded about 7 so far I may try and upload some more tonight. I will sadly be parting with most the tanks my wife says I can only keep one but I’ll keep two lol should I keep putting tanks in seperats threads or should I add them just to this thread?
tankme

Post by tankme »

Just keep in mind that selling the tanks without a radio will be a deal breaker for most buyers. You are correct though that if the freqs on the crystals match you can use that radio on multiple tanks. I'm not sure how many channels Heng Long used for their crystals. The older 27Mhz tanks are a lot less desirable than the newer versions for many reasons. First is the fact it's running a 27Mhz FM signal. Most R/C vehicles now use the 2.4Ghz range. Second is that the control on these older tanks is pretty bad. Some of the functions are not proportional and the slow speed is not great as opposed to the new control board which has very good slow speed control and proportional controls. The sound is also not as good as on the new tanks. Just trying to set some expectations as the prices of these might be less than newer ones.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

I have remotes for all of them and to be honest I have no idea on what fair pricing would be on these I have no expectations to be honest now for the ones I keep is it a simple process to upgrade components to newer I understand I’m probably opening up a whole can of warms with that question.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

43rdRecceReg wrote::clap: I shall need a neck-brace soon, :problem: can you ensure the shots of your amazing collection are flipped vertical, not horizontal :wtf: :D :thumbup: Cheers!
:( Hello, Sorry for the neck brace, nothing in my possession, for the meaning of the photos? also, for me go in the right direction, I check that everything is OK before posting ??? Good day everyone
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

;) Have you ever opened one of these reservoirs? given the age, must not be loudspeaker, no smoke module (did not exist at that time) gearbox with plastic gears? for the opening, you have to turn the tank over, you will find 6 holes at the bottom of which there is a screw, also check for some under the wings? and follow the advice of Her Professor, for the photos. :thumbup:
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

I hope tonight after work I’ll start posting better pictures of them

Return to “General Questions”