Tank identification help

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tank identification help

Post by jee »

Jofaur86 wrote:;) Have you ever opened one of these reservoirs? given the age, must not be loudspeaker, no smoke module (did not exist at that time) gearbox with plastic gears? for the opening, you have to turn the tank over, you will find 6 holes at the bottom of which there is a screw, also check for some under the wings? and follow the advice of Her Professor, for the photos. :thumbup:
depends, I have heng longs with 27 mhz incl sound and smoker, so they do exist :D (and I will replace it)
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

All the ones I have tried so far about 10 did have speakers but what does a smoke module look like?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Cshaffer wrote:All the ones I have tried so far about 10 did have speakers but what does a smoke module look like?

has this, according to the times
46FE4216-91E0-4AA1-99A7-60EBC21C5842.jpeg
46FE4216-91E0-4AA1-99A7-60EBC21C5842.jpeg (157.09 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

jee wrote:
Jofaur86 wrote:;) Have you ever opened one of these reservoirs? given the age, must not be loudspeaker, no smoke module (did not exist at that time) gearbox with plastic gears? for the opening, you have to turn the tank over, you will find 6 holes at the bottom of which there is a screw, also check for some under the wings? and follow the advice of Her Professor, for the photos. :thumbup:
depends, I have heng longs with 27 mhz incl sound and smoker, so they do exist :D (and I will replace it)
yes, Jee, correct, but there were some, without the sound :)
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

Thanks that is not what I thought the module would look like but again no idea on it either
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jofaur86 wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote::clap: I shall need a neck-brace soon, :problem: can you ensure the shots of your amazing collection are flipped vertical, not horizontal :wtf: :D :thumbup: Cheers!
:( Hello, Sorry for the neck brace, nothing in my possession, for the meaning of the photos? also, for me go in the right direction, I check that everything is OK before posting ??? Good day everyone
:D It wasn't your photos 90deg off the vertical, Jofaur, but rather those posted by Cshaffer. Yours don't require a neck-brace! :D Pas de soucis...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

One thing you will gather if you spend time here, is that nearly everyone begins by thinking they only need one or two tanks. Then after a while, one more and then another.

If you sell all but two tanks, I think you will live to regret it. One day you will look back and find it more costly to get back those tanks you let go and subsequently desire. My advice is to see if you can keep five or six - one of each, especially the Hummel. Put them on a high shelf in the garage. If you hang around here long enough, people can advise you how to get them running with modern RC gear later on.
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

I am in the process of adding photos of different tanks tonight I have added them to the general questions

Return to “General Questions”