Tail lights, and indicators

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Tail lights, and indicators

Post by Meter rat »

Starting my new build of a Challenger, so could anyone help with these questions, please. The model has the 6.0 control system. If I have understood things correctly, and upgrade to the 6.1 system, would I be able to fit a gun recoil? Secondly, I notice the 6.0 and 6.1 control systems have an output for turn indicators, has anyone used these, as I think this would be an interesting feature? Third and final question. Could I have some ideas for representing the tail light lens and how others have made them? I do not feel confident enough to start using other makes of board, slowly building my skills.
Thank you in advance, Ian
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Tail lights, and indicators

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

V6.0 has no direct provision, as such, for gun recoil- at least, not servo gun recoil. For servo recoil, you'll need the V6.1 option and perhaps this recoil unit that's paired with the 6.1 in some recent models:
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... RC_Tank.ht
Light options are available for the Challenger, including the orange light that sits on the turret. One of the light positions on the 6.1/6.1s has indicators, I believe (LED sockets 7-8)
TK 6.1 layout
TK 6.1 layout
TK-6.1S.png (211.99 KiB) Viewed 350 times
TK6.1 connections
TK6.1 connections
Options on creating 'lenses' have been discussed in other threads. This is one I initiated, although it's mainly concerned with periscopes, the same principles apply, Ian.
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=30725&p=309598&hi ... es#p309598
If you click on the images above, they will ENLARGE.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”