Lipo

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: Lipo

Post by Jarlath »

I pretty much use Lipo's exclusively nowadays. I also purchased a few low voltage alarms for when they are used in systems that do not have a low voltage cutoff. (Hell I still use the alarms even then).

Incorrect charging and continued usage when at low voltage or when already "puffed" are the biggest culprits of LiPo incidents. That is why I use hardcased Lipos. The case cracks/splits from puffing, it is time to replace the Lipo.
Nasher13
Recruit

Post by Nasher13 »

Thanks to you all for your help
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Batteries, especially Lipo, are one thing that I don't skimp on. I only buy name brand, domestic, USA in my case. I like Venom brand. I'm not going to take my chances on non certified/regulated cheapos.

In half of my tanks Lipos are a must because of space requirements, I also don't think a lot of weight in the back end of the turret is a great thing.. Leo turret warp, imbalance strain etc.

Return to “General Questions”