Torro pro editions

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Torro pro editions

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hi everyone :)
Torro recently released a pro metal editions of their tanks with barrel smoke and I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these monsters. In particular the King Tiger. Priced at 729 euro, thats a lot of being in the good books with the wife. :D
Anyway, I was thinking that the barrel smoking system and wiring could not be too different to the standard edition King Tiger. So why not have a go and do the same. After all, its probably just an extra smoker and pump with a few extra wires. ???
So does anyone have some pics of the inside on one of these pro edition tanks?
I would be very interested to see how the smoker pump wires up so that it pumps at the same time as the recoil.

Thanks and Cheers everyone.
AK
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Torro pro editions

Post by Kaczor »

I wonder if they fixed that. Timing looks off.
phpBB [video]
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Why are Torro so expensive when it looks like it comes from the same place as a Heng Long?
I watched someone unbox a Torro KT and honestly thought I would rather have my HL version and save the extra £200.
Maybe someone could enlighten me lol.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

No, Torro/Taigen and Heng Long are separate companies. Torro uses more metal parts like chassis and turrets. But there is no point in buying "pro" version which is the same model packed in soft wood box ;)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

As Kazor says, the Torro/Taigen "Pro" versions come in a wooden box at a premium price, so the next step down is a better deal. However, in addition to more metal parts, Torro uses completely different electronics from HengLong, nowadays with a number of rather accurate sound modules as opposed to HengLong, which offers only four sounds, three of which are modern tanks.

For those adept at builds which involve electronics and movement mechanisms, the difference between the Torro/Taigen tanks and the HengLong are largely in decoration and accuracy, depending on the tank, some being better represented by Torro/Taigen, others by HengLong. None will have the electronic capabilities of, say, and Elmod system or a number of other electronic systems.

I am not one of the electronic wizards of the remarkable ability of many here on RCTW, so I rely primarily on Torro/Taigen electronics and, like you, I would like to have one of those with the nifty smoking barrels. However, I am happy to wait for Torro/Taigen to get the timing worked out so the barrel recoils promptly after the flash. Then, too, of course, even a nut such as I has to watch the money. (Rats! :-< )
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

If you like the boxes, awoychosky123 deserves a standing ovation :clap: :clap: :clap: for these great plans he posted for us here on RCTW: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z9hkKH ... sp=sharing
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Electronics could be swapped but suspension - not so much. Taigen is better in that regard (i.e Panzer III or King Tiger have proper torsion bars not crappy springs). And I would get Taigen's sturdy Sherman chassis any day. ;)
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Kaczor wrote:No, Torro/Taigen and Heng Long are separate companies. Torro uses more metal parts like chassis and turrets. But there is no point in buying "pro" version which is the same model packed in soft wood box ;)
Or for about £150 less, you can buy an unpainted Torro without a wooden box, which is what I did. More dosh for upgrades.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
tankme

Post by tankme »

I am using Taigen T-34 lowers on all my T-34/SU variant builds. My SU-152 is built on a Taigen lower. I also use the Taigen sound cards with my OpenPanzer TCB cards (KV-2 and Chinese ZTZ-99/Type 98). I like both the KV and T34 chassis better than the HL equivalents. When it comes down to buying the IS-2 I will be getting the Taigen version and not the Tamiya version. I do think the tanks can be built cheaper than they are if you do your own build, but I say that because I dump the Taigen electronics. It makes sense for me so I don't buy a bunch of crap I just have to hoard or sell later.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Does anyone have a plan or pic of how Torro connect the barrel smoker ?
Not sure if they use a second smoke unit or how they connect it to the standard Taigen V3 wiring ?
Thanks
Steve
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee