Serious Question Time!!

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
NAB
Corporal

Re: Serious Question Time!!

Post by NAB »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hi Rob.
When it comes to IR battling, if you ever intend to go to a club for a battle, the Tamiya battle system is the club standard, after market control boards can be made Tamiya compatible, not sure if it is still possible to get adaptor systems to make Heng Long Tamiya compatible anymore.
Something to consider, maybe instead of replacing your V7.0 with a V6.0S, you may find it beneficial to take a look at the Clark options.
So you can't just get an adapter for Heng long?

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... -288926831

Would that work ?

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Any Heng Long Tank with a version 6 board is compatible with the Tamiya standard out of the box not least because for the first time a r/c tank had bb and i/r available together although with the i/r unmodified you are pretty much guaranteed to lose,
There are a number of inexpensive tweaks available for the Heng Long i/r that will bring a version 6 equipped Tank into a battle winning position when fighting a fully Tamiya I/R equipped Tank.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Well, at the moment I am considering the Leopard... When I mentioned this to SWMBO I got some resistance. Until I mentioned just how much I am getting for the model kits I am selling... When she heard that, I got a "Go ahead, buy another tank. Maybe two? Get that itch scratched?"

Did I mention before just how much I love my wife?

;D
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Almost reminds me of the time my ex-wife said..."you have too many pistols, you need to sell some." I sold two pistols and bought a rifle... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Anyone who says a proper Firefly ain't tank enough is talking shite...
1.jpg
1.jpg (29.43 KiB) Viewed 557 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (29.95 KiB) Viewed 557 times
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

dgsselkirk wrote:Anyone who says a proper Firefly ain't tank enough is talking shite...
I hope I can get mine to look that good... verrrrry nice.

Well, we have a shortlist now; Either a Leopard 2A6 (I know, modern... but also Go Dutch (rental) Army!!) or a T34-85. All depends on price and options. I want the T34-85 with all metal running gear, but V6.0. I won't have a T34 puttering around the battlefield sounding like a Leopard. Or a damn Abrams...

(Also now planning on getting a Stug III and the Torro M16 halftrack as soon as it pops up in a store somewhere... but nobody needs to know this...)
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Of course if you buy the M16 Torro Half Track you will have to buy the Elmod dedicated control board otherwise you will not get the full abilities of the vehicle,
Yet more expense, (Well worth it though)
A very easy truck to modify using just a few basic craft tools :thumbup:
A Nato transport company in Northwest Germany in the 70s bought about 50 DAF trucks and 4 wheeled expanding trailers,
Part of the contract meant that DAF would carry out any major repairs which gave us a laugh as we envisaged Nato in a European War with the Warsaw pact armies with the little Daf van following the unit around.
Although when the trucks went to the factory in Eindhoven for any work the drivers were treated like lords and would sing the praises of their Dutch hosts to the heavens. :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Update; as I mentioned earlier, I had a shortlist; Leopard 2A6 or a T34-85 (provided I could find one that was still running V6.0, because of sounds...)

Well, the Leopard 2A6 with the options I wanted sold out at EU warehouses, and I didn't feel like doing the whole customs dance with the seller to get it from China...

Couldn't find the T34-85 with the V6 board... so was browsing other options. Next on my wish list was a Tiger I or a Stug...

SWMBO; "Oooh, that's a nice one... Get that one!"

Me; "That's a King Tiger. I want that one, some day. But it's nowhere near the top of the list..."

SWMBO; "I like it. Get the King Tiger. You were gonna buy two anyway?"

Me; "But..."

SWMBO; "King. Tiger."

So, we debated for a bit. Pros and cons. Made our points and in the end we compromised.

I'm getting a King Tiger...

(Must add; SWMBO pionted out that there was a King Tiger available with all the options I wanted, from an EU warehouse, running on a V6.0S board...)
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

King tiger is my all time favourite tank for some reason.
Henschell or Porsche turret? Are you going to apply Zimmerit? Also what brand?

Return to “General Questions”