Heng Long Tauchpanzer 3

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Mickp868
Recruit

Heng Long Tauchpanzer 3

Post by Mickp868 »

Just pulled apart my new tank to prep for painting, which bright spark thought a submersible tank should be painted for the desert ? Not sure whether to keep it as a Tauchpanzer post river Bug crossing or to go for a standard 3H. If I stick with the Tauchpanzer option, most photos I’ve seen show the diving equipment discarded, the one way valves removed from the exhaust pipes and the two covers under the tail overhang open and a chain fitted to the hatches to hold them at an angle to the rear. What I haven’t seen is what happens to the covers on the engine deck vents, were they discarded or open, does anyone have a picture ? Also the snorkel mounting on the turret in front of the cupola seems to be missing on the model, I’ve only seen grainy photos of it and it’s also missing on the Dragon 1/35 scale model.

If I go with the 3H option does anyone have a good shot of the hull rear showing the underside of the overhang?

Finally, I’ve bought a metal turret basket and will remove the bb firing unit, what I do need is a suitable L42 gun barrel with the correct bore as the supplied 6mm bore barrel looks stupid sat alongside my Tiger and it is hard to tell from websites whether the after market replacements are to scale or bb firing. A trip to Bovington next week to look at their 3L should help with some of the details.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Heng Long Tauchpanzer 3

Post by Jofaur86 »

Mickp868
Recruit

Post by Mickp868 »

Thanks for the links, I saw a picture of a Tauchpanzer with the engine deck covers open, so a good start, also it showed up a few more errors on the Heng Long model, no square section mounting for the waterproof cover on the hull machine gun!
Mickp868
Recruit

Post by Mickp868 »

Well, finally managed to get my hands on a recoil and flash unit along with a scale L42 barrel, the problem is no instructions and I can’t find any posts where someone has fitted one. There is a picture on the Welsh Dragon website but I think it shows a butchered bb unit as part of the build, has anyone fitted one and can offer a guide? Save me working it out for myself and possibly ruining something expensive!

I’ve got the hull sorted and painted, just need to build the turret, pic shows the dismantled turret plus the bits to go in. I am ok with the turret bin but how the recoil unit fits is eluding me
Attachments
Bits to work with
Bits to work with
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

take the bb feed channel out also the ir receiver plug might foul the motors and it looks like the recoil unit has a metal plate on it ?
Also your bb gun looks like its for a heng long v6 ?
Mickp868
Recruit

Post by Mickp868 »

John,

You are right it is a ver 6 tank. It looks like I’ve been supplied the wrong kit as I can see on other sites that there should be some trunnion mounting brackets supplied that don’t match the item I got. Have gone back to Tankzone to see if I can get it resolved. As it stands the unit is too large for the turret, but if comes down to it I can still use the new barrel and I can squeeze the HL elevation motor into my metal turret bin

Mick
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That looks like a Taigen recoil/elevation unit which will not work with an H/L V-anything MFU.
You have the flash and connection parts to go from barrel to recoil, but without the rest of the compatible electronics, it wont work.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

The recoil units are all the same they just come with different fitting depending on what tank you order it for the 1 you have looks like its for a tiger. They will work on a heng long v6 you just need to rewire it a little
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=30524&p=305241#p305241
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :)
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... r-3-a.html
Explanation mounting (mechanical) Asiatam recoil, on a PZ III so ditto Tauch Panzer, only concerns the modifications made? for the wiring on a new plate, repeat what is said above. On the other hand, am not sure that the flash is housed in the end of the barrel? see diameter? Personally I had put a Led flash
PS: the wiring part is obsolete, since for an RX 18.

Return to “General Questions”