Tarr Mk4

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Topper
Corporal

Tarr Mk4

Post by Topper »

Hello
I can not get my Tarr Mk4 to make smoke, I took it apart and the heat element gets really hot but will not make smoke, I dropped oil on the wick still no joy, I put a drop of oil on the element and it burned off immediately.
Any ideas
Thanks in advance
Frank
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Tarr Mk4

Post by Jimster »

Wild guess but possibly a new wick is in order.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

I give up, I bought a Tarr Mk4 for £24 to replace a £8 HL smoker ,never again
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

May be irrelevant to you but my GI smoker is a cloud belching beast. Of course the amount of smoke is adjustable with most aftermarket boards. All smokers produce a pretty unrealistic look but I occasionally turn mine on for the fun factor.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I've had issues in the past with Tarr smokers not working at the voltage they're supposed to and needing a little voltage converter to step up to 12V. Something like this would do the trick in that case.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Well I read some trigger words here. A drop. Tarr smokers and the like are no good with drops. I recently bought this crazy SOB from China. It looks like a copy of those GI smokers. In short it runs through a half container of smoke fluid like in 10 minutes. Then it begins to burn the white stuff inside and it smells terrible. The smoke is such that befits a steam engine not a Tiger tank.

It was doing more smoke but here is a short sample.

https://youtu.be/uHPLg8WED6E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural

Return to “General Questions”