Identifying Mato gearbox ratio

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
NYK999
Recruit

Re: Identifying Mato gearbox ratio

Post by NYK999 »

Merely rotated the motor 140 revolutions to observe the output shaft rotate one revolution ……very tedious.,
awoychosky123
Recruit

Re: Identifying Mato gearbox ratio

Post by awoychosky123 »

NYK999 wrote:So the question remains, what gearbox (make) would give me a greater reduction and fit?
From what I can tell 4:1 Taigen v2 gearboxes in the High/low config 48mm shafts have the greatest reduction and should fit in a Tiger 1. At the very least you will get better low-speed control, so you can get your realistic tank movement by using low-speed.

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Oh, thank you awoychosky123! I knew my "logical answer" above just "does not compute."
:haha: It's no problem, been researching gearboxes forever now trying to find one for my StuG III Ausf C/D build, unfortunately, couldn't find 4:1 gearboxes that would fit the Stugs low profile, so I ordered some Low/Low 5:1 gearboxes off forgebear.

Return to “General Questions”