Ludwigs new kits

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Ludwigs new kits

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Every so often I look on ludwigs site to see what’s new and though he has made a few new kits I feel that he has 2 of note worth sharing with you all

The first is the dragon wagon, his built prototype is currently on eBay, if bought it maybe a full kit you get with trailer or the one on eBay

Second for me certainly the long awaited Matilda II
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Ludwigs new kits

Post by tomhugill »

Do you have a link

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I think this may be it Tom :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/294271205433?ha ... OSw9c1g7KS~
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

https://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de

This should be his website
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Link to the built prototype dragonnwagon on eBay?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
Christian show his new kits always on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=l ... y-seite.de
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

That's great news about the Matilda. I've always wanted to do an Australian Matilda from the Pacific Campaign so time to saving putting a few sheckles aside. It's a pity Christian doesn't do custom tracks as well.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

B_Man wrote:That's great news about the Matilda. I've always wanted to do an Australian Matilda from the Pacific Campaign so time to saving putting a few sheckles aside. It's a pity Christian doesn't do custom tracks as well.
That would be a great project for sure, can you get one going you reckon ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Most of Christians kits can be running if not all and like many of the British tanks I expect it will use panzer iv tracks and a custom made sprocket that will look like it should but be able to drive the tracks. As for gearboxes most of the kits shown with gearboxes seem to be mato brass 3:1 so I don’t expect the Matilda to be any different.

Looking at the photos though it’s a cnc cut hull with resin turret and transmission cover.
Metal wheels are available as are tracks and by the looks of it in the photo a strong 3D printed suspension system using panzer iii shocks and springs
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

HERMAN BIX wrote:That would be a great project for sure, can you get one going you reckon ?
With tax refund time upon us and the wheels of inspiration turning over in my tiny brain there is a fair chance a Matilda kit will be coming my way in the near future. As to when I will get around to building it is another matter. With a pretty serious backyard landscaping project almost finished and the local rugby season coming to an end I will hopefully get some time to get back onto my static Jagdpanther conversion project soon and then a Matilda would likely jump the queue and go next.

The Australian Matildas had a few field modifications that will require some scratch building as well which I haven't done a lot of. The turret ring armor and fuel can holders look pretty straight forward and the crew telephone on the back doesn't look impossible. The amoured idler covers will take a bit of thought though.

Return to “General Questions”