Help installing servo recoil in HL 6.1S

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Help installing servo recoil in HL 6.1S

Post by Shagnifico »

Trying to convert an airsoft HL Leo 6.1s to servo recoil. Not sure which wires go where. I disconnected the airsoft trigger switch and put a jumper in it’s socket. Plugged the servo into cn7 but no worky.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Help installing servo recoil in HL 6.1S

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I don't enough personal experience with HL IR systems but l recall this matter had been discussed at length in the electronics section. Try IR battle system in the topic?

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Are you getting gun fire sound when triggered? if not check your jumper in cn6 also check you servo is plugged in the right way round
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And the emitter is plugged in too, that seems to somehow be part of the circuit.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Sorry, I didn’t realize there was a whole sub forum devoted to electronics, that’s awesome. Thanks for the help. I think I’ve got it sorted. The HL 6.1 doesn’t seem to play well with Clark servos. They rotate the wrong direction. Can’t reverse an axis with a HL transmitter so I ordered a servo signal reverser, should be here tonight. I have a HL metal “universal” recoil unit, which I’ve learned isn’t universal enough to fit into a Leo mantlet. So I will just make the Clark unit work.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
is it weird that the servo is not turning in the right direction? are you correctly connected to CN7 (reverse)? it is not possible to reverse the directions on the transmitter? not a setting?
for the servo connection, there is only one direction, inverting the plug will not modify the direction of rotation,
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Yeah, reversing polarity to a servo does bad things. A HL transmitter with programmable directions? You greatly overestimate heng long sir. The $5 servo signal reversing unit worked like a charm. I’m a bit surprised that the Clark unit comes with a counter-clockwise (wrong direction) servo.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

There is no such thing as a servo rotating clockwise or counterclockwise ... A servo is simply a motor with a gear and a control module that converts the digital PWM signal into the direction and speed of rotation ... And it can take both directions without any problem. If you buy the 360 deg version, it can be even turned around continuously - as in a standard geared motor. It all depends on the control signal from the receiver / MFU.
All you have to do is connect your servo according to the markings on the MFU:
S - SIGNAL
+ POWER
- POWER
There is no other option there. The cables in each servo have specific colors, just 5 seconds on Google to find out which is what ...
As for the HL 6.1 MFU - there is nothing there except a servo socket. Nothing can be adjusted there. If you think it works the other way around - just mount it by turning the servo from left to right ...
You can see how recoil servo works in conjunction with ASG in my video.
phpBB [video]
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Features & details
Package Includes:1* Emax ES08MD II Digital Servo
Stall torque: 1.6 kg.cm / 21.0 oz.in 4.8V, 2.0 kg.cm / 28.0 oz.in 4.8V
STD Direction: Counter Clockwise / Pulse Traveling 1500 to 1900usec
Operating speed: 0.12sec/60º 4.8V; 0.10sec/60º 6V
Connector wire length: 25 cm
Notice the standard direction.

On the Clark unit it’s not really possible to mount the servo facing left, or in other words turned over.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

indeed, it is certain that installing a reverser will do the job, I don't know what kind of turntable and transmitter, but it is weird that no way to make it work in both directions?
a servo has a neutral point, that is to say, that it will move in both directions, depending on the handling of the radio stick, 120/180 ° with respect to neutral, it is therefore necessary to check that the rudder is correctly positioned and adjusted on the servo, to do the right job

Return to “General Questions”